I'm trying to decide whether to buy GPO bundled with Finale or Sibelius - or GPO stand-alone and a sequencer. I'm wondering what advantages there are to one vs. the other.
My questions are:
1. I understand Finale comes with "Light Version GPO". What is the difference between the regular and "light version"?
2. If I buy Finale with GPO bundled in it, can I manipulate GPO sounds with pitch wheel, expression pedal, etc. - all of the same ways you can with standalone GPO?
3. 2004 GPO review states GPO standalone comes w/Genie Overture notation software and an entry level Cubase sequencer. I can't find info about this for 2006/2007 version. Does 2007 GPO come with these things?
4. On the GPO website, there are demos that state "Finale 2006" after the title of the music. Were these created solely with GPO bundled in with Finale- no sequencer used? If they were, that would be a great way to compare what you can get out of GPO using only Finale (sans sequencer).
5. Those GPO files that indicate "Finale 2006" seem to be the only music clips that will NOT play. Very disappointing. Frustrating, even!!! Will they be playable soon?
6. Is the version of GPO that comes with Sibelius the "full version" or "light version?"
I am very excited about the quality of sound I'm hearing on the GPO demos. They sound terrific!!!