Okay - this is PURE speculation, but I've decided this year at NAMM is going to be a huge year for spectrasonics announcements. My thinking goes like this:
- This is the 3rd NAMM in a row (by my count) that we've been looking at Spectrasonics for their next ground breaking release. We've not really seen anything (except RMX which was big but just a further development of a software they'd already developed)
- For the first time in a loooong time the Spectrasonics website has started to get updated very regularly and it looks like they're trying to set up for some potential big announcements
- it seems that Eric has been much quieter on the message boards lately (I could be wrong, but it seems that way). This could indicate he's been busy working hard on his next release....
These are just things I've noticed - I'm sure some others have noticed some signs too... irregular behavior can only mean one thing....
SO - what do you think it will be?
I vote for:
- an acoustic Gtr module like trilogy
- a vocal collection that would be Vocal planet on speed
- and an ethnic library - possibly with the guy who played all the wind instruments on The Passion of the Christ (because I vaguely remember back then Eric mentioning a budding relationship with that guy)
- And I think we will start seeing SAGE expander series'
What do you guys think?