• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: modwheel crossfades

Share/Bookmark

modwheel crossfades

Might seem a simple question, but how do I easily set up a multi two instruments that can be crossfaded with the modwheel? The manual doesn't seem to cover this....

Re: modwheel crossfades

Hi,

There is a tutorial in the Kontakt area of the NI website. The tutorial is for Kontakt 1, but the principals are exactly the same and should help you out.

Regards,

Paul.
    System: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4800+, 4Gb RAM, Windows XP Pro
    Hard Drives: 320Gb, 3 x 300Gb, 500Gb
    Soundcard: M-Audio Audiophile 192
    Host: Cubase 4.5.2

There a free script call layer_blend that could help...try to search it.

Thanks! I'll search them out.

Nic

http://nilsliberg.se/ksp/scripts/Nil...cript_1_03.zip

I think this is exactly what you need!

Cheers,
    Benjamin

Thanks Benjamin

I tried the script, but it's for xfading between velocity layers of the same instrument. What I want to do is xfade between two instruments in a multi. I know I can assign the mod wheel to any knob, and it seems to work, but it will only increase volume as the wheel goes up. Thats fine for one instrument but I want to be able to reverse it for the other, if you se what ═ mean.

This will probably turn out to be embarrassingly easy, but I find Kontakt often overlooks simple things in favour of (to me) over-complex ones.

Anyone help?

Thanks,

Nic

Hi again!

I wrote you a small crossfade script...

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...3D5FAA5839E83C

You can download it here ^^

(PS: If you want a script that fades notes that are still sustaining it would be a litte bit more work...let me know)

Cheers,
    Benjamin

Hi Benjamin

What service! My own personal script! And it works! Thanks so much.

I can't say I understand it, though...
    I put the script in the first and second instrument and somehow got it to work, though I didn't change anything in the second instrument's panel. Is this right?

It would be great to understand what I'm doing.....

What would we do without people like you?!
    Thanks again!

Nic

Yes, I see what you mean about sustained notes - and yes, you guessed it, that would be even better. If you crack this, I think others will find this very useful!

Hi Nic!

Put the script in the first instrument change button to "x-fade instr A" and select a "x-fade curve" and the "x-fade cc".

Put the script in the second instrument change button to "x-fade instr B" and select a "x-fade curve" and the "x-fade cc".

It's important you first select "x-fade instr A" or "x-fade instr B" and than the curve. Because i reverse the curve of the second instrument when you select "x-fade curve" - so it it will be a crossfade.

Have fun!
    Benjamin

btw: I look what i can do about sustaining notes Stay tuned...

Go Back to forum