• Register
  • Help

Topic: increasing level of release samples

Share/Bookmark

increasing level of release samples

Another simple request: how can I increase or decrease the level of release samples in an instrument? Sorry if this is elementary to most of you!

Re: increasing level of release samples

Load the instrument you want to edit, then click on the "Group Editor" tab. Patches with separate release samples will typically put them in a separate group. Select said group from the drop down menu in the editor - different libraries have different naming conventions, but most patches will only have two or three groups, tops, so it shouldn't be hard to find. Then, you can edit the volume of just that group as necessary.
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

Thanks a lot Andrew! I'll try it!

Nic

It worked! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nicjones
    Another simple request: how can I increase or decrease the level of release samples in an instrument? Sorry if this is elementary to most of you!
    What exactly are the release samples supposed to do. I understand that in the pianos the release samples have something to do with notes continuing to play and/or resonate after a key is release, but what am i supposed to here with release samples of flutes, violin, etc. Is it only a tiny trailing edge of the wave being playe, or what?

Go Back to forum