• Register
  • Help

Topic: Copy and Paste Midi CC data only - in Sonar

Share/Bookmark

Question Copy and Paste Midi CC data only - in Sonar

Hi, all. I remember seeing this somewhere but can't seem to find the thread. Does anyone know how to copy and paste Midi cc data from one part to another? I can't seem to find the dialog box that allows you to select the events you want to copy. Thanks. ~Eric

Re: Copy and Paste Midi CC data only - in Sonar

Quote Originally Posted by ofafeather
    Hi, all. I remember seeing this somewhere but can't seem to find the thread. Does anyone know how to copy and paste Midi cc data from one part to another? I can't seem to find the dialog box that allows you to select the events you want to copy. Thanks. ~Eric
    Select the entire track
    Then use "Edit | Select | By Filter..."
    Click the "None" button
    Click the "Control" check box and select your range(s) -- Number, value, and channel
    Then use Copy | Paste

You can also do this from the PRV by selecting the controller (say CC#1) and then lassoing the controller data in the controller panel (at least on S5).
    Bill

Hi, Bill. Thanks for the reply. I'm using Sonar 6 and it seems to pick up the notes no matter how I try it. I've tried the select way and through PRV. Any other ideas?~Eric

I've tried the select way
    I think if you carefully follow the steps I outlined for using the "Edit | Select | By Filter...", (note that this not simply "Edit | Select") it will work. The critical step is to click the "None" button. Then when you click the "Control" checkbox, you will filter-select only the CC#s that you specify in the "Number" range. You will notice that the selected track, which was entirely selected (black) (step 1) becomes dithered when you use the filtered select, connoting partial selection--of the CC's. This is the standard procedure for selection of discrete midi events in SONAR.

Then when you use the "Edit | Copy" function immediately after you have done the filtered selection, only the selected CCs are copied (uncheck Tempo, Markers, and Meter/Key changes)
    Bill

Hi, Bill. I think I got it. The first time I used it it was on unison lines. After that I forgot to go into Select/Filter again before copying. Because I did it first on unison lines, later on harmony, I didn't notice right away that it was over-writing notes sometimes. Thanks again.

Best regards,
    Eric

Go Back to forum