• Register
  • Help

Topic: I am confused about Garritan General MIDI Collection.

Share/Bookmark
    catmusic

I am confused about Garritan General MIDI Collection.

I can't find any information of Garritan General MIDI Collection on Garritan's official website, but on finale's website, they are selling it. What is going on? I feel confused. I could order Garritan General MIDI Collection through Finale website but not here, is it?

Re: I am confused about Garritan General MIDI Collection.

You can also pre-order it from Garritan.com.

The release date is pending with the Kontakt 2 Player Universal Binary, as is the Garritan Marching Band.

There is not much information on it. What does it do?

This library will have sounds that follows the General MIDI format. This allows you to load a General MIDI file and have the correct sounds load. Here is a link describing General MIDI and the sounds available: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_MIDI

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    This library will have sounds that follows the General MIDI format. This allows you to load a General MIDI file and have the correct sounds load. Here is a link describing General MIDI and the sounds available: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_MIDI

Jim
    Thank you for this link. It was quite informative and opened a door to a new field of knowledge for me.

Quote Originally Posted by catmusic
    I can't find any information of Garritan General MIDI Collection on Garritan's official website, but on finale's website, they are selling it. What is going on? I feel confused. I could order Garritan General MIDI Collection through Finale website but not here, is it?
    Hi catmusic,

The General MIDI collection is due out later this Spring. As I posted in the Update of Where We Are At thread on the Garritan forum, we were not able to use NI Bandstand as we originally had thought and we had to do some changes for the Kontakt 2 Player instead. We are finished with the programming, doing some last minute tweaks and testing, and hope to have this shipping in the next month or two.

Thanks for your patience.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum