• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT: Shazbot is gone for good

Share/Bookmark

OT: Shazbot is gone for good

Enter Grudunza.

Just a heads up that Shazbot will be posting no more on these boards. I've changed my user name to Grudunza. So no more will I be a 'Senior Member' with one star. I'll have to start all over as just a 'Member' with no stars. Oh, well... If anyone has any stars they can lend me, I'll be glad to put them up in my sky. I suppose I could contact the International Star Registry. I hear you can buy them there...

Don't worry, I will still be using this smilie liberally -

Re: OT: Shazbot is gone for good

Maybe it's not a good time to mention but...you didn't have to register a new account. If you wanted to, you could have just contacted an admin to change your username. Infact, if they couldn't change it in the control panel, they can change it in the database...

Anyways, welcome Grudunza! RIP Shazbot...
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

And to what do we owe this change in nom de plume?

As somebody who always registers with his actual name rather than an online handle, I'm always curious as to the names others pick for themselves.
    Wheat Williams
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Music Copyist in Sibelius
    Apple MacBook Pro, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
    Apple Certified Support Professional. I also work with Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Williams
    And to what do we owe this change in nom de plume?
    When Shazbot was visiting on Orcas he mentioned something about being a Grudunza at heart, rather than a viking, and wanting to undergo an operation.

Actually, yeah... I guess if a mod can change the User Name, then that would be fine, too. Is there any way to do that now that I've already registered the new one? If not, no big deal at all. It's fine now as it is.

I've used Shazbot as a message board handle for a long time, and it really doesn't have the nicest connotation, so I thought it was time for a change. A moss-covered, three-handled family grudunza is the mysterious item that The Cat in the Hat is looking for in the 1971 TV special which I love. But "Moss-Covered Three-Handled Family Grudunza" is much too long of a handle, so I thought I'd just go with "Grudunza".
    http://www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

"Moss-Covered Three-Handled Family Grudunza" or Grundunza, for short, is a good name. I was also considering a name change to Karlos K. Krinklebein, master of "Calculatus Eliminatus", but it sounds too fishy.

Thank goodness... or else we'd have to change GPO into KKKMOCEPO

Ah, Krinklebein doesn't know Thing One about "Calculatus Eliminatus"!
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Thumbs up Re: OT: Shazbot is gone for good

It's about time, sheesh! Just kidding. So, how do you pronounce this word thingy type nickname kind of thingy that sound like a walrus with a cold or an elephant who snorted a monkey on a hot day during a snowstorm in July, Grudunza?
    Styxx

Lightbulb Re: OT: Shazbot is gone for good

I think will miss Shazbot, but Grudunza is very nice, and we're all Cat in the Hat fans i hope.

When i first came here and picked the name Leaf, i didn't know there was someone here named Leif who is an accomplished composer ( http://leifchappelle.com/ ), while i'm but a mere rookie. I sometimes feel like i'm intruding on someone's established good name or that someone could maybe confuse us. So i'm thinking about maybe changing my name to something different, like maybe Styks or Garrisan.

Go Back to forum