• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Love Theme-Remix

Share/Bookmark

Love Theme-Remix

Last year I posted this. Since then, I have learned a lot and used the JABB piano instead of that tinny-sounding thing employed the first time around. If you have any spare time, it can be found at the following link.

http://cannonscores.com/LoveTheme.mp3

Hope everyone had a full tummy on Thanksgiving Day.....

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Re: Love Theme-Remix

Smooth as silk, Jack. The JABB Steinway works really well in this context.

Tom

Great!!

Raymond

That is just lovely Jack. !!

There is a lot of craftsmanship and skill involved in a piece like this. It would be so easy to overstep the mark, and end up in cliche-ville, and Schmaltz land, but there is so much loving attention paid to the details, like your wandering rachmaninov-type left hand patterns, and your occasional surprising harmony.

The JABB Steiny sounds ravishing too.

Thanks for sharing this, I really enjoyed it.

regards Joe

Very nice Jack. Your handling of the JABB piano is superb.
    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Tom:

WOW, thanks a lot for listening. I never expected to hear from you with all the involved work you are doing now. It was real exciting to hear from you and always a pleasure since you are such a masterful artist with sampled sounds. I don't think a week goes by that I don't listen to some of your music that I downloaded and especially the JABB marvelous work you did on Paul Read's "Ballad for Mr. G." Man, that is the best..............

Jack

Raymond 62:

Thank you Raymond. I do so enjoy listening to your music. The piano concerto is great. Lot's of exciting material in that one and I can tell that you really enjoy serious composition.

Joaz:

You are always too kind with your citiques and so right on the mark. Yes, I do use a lot of "Rocky" left hand in my playing. I think it's because when I was small, I listened (unintentionally) to that type of piano playing. It sounded so romantic and kept the music moving along so well.

Thanks for liking the sound of the JABB piano. I have been trying to work with it everytime I need a piano because it is so well put together and if you get the right amount of velocity and reverb it, it is so satisfying.

Your words are always so motivating, Joe. Thanks..........

Valalx:

Thanks Val. I know there is room for improvement, but I am so thrilled that I have a piano like the JABB sample. It sounds so good just playing it for relaxation without recording anything. Then, when you add a little reverb after recording it, the piano really comes alive............
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Great work... Wonderful chromatic color in the right places and non harmonic usage in the lower strings.. "suspension" I think... Wish I had the patience to write like this; also, your instrument introductions are perfectly placed and layered beneath the piano... Good job...

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Michael:

Thank you for such a specific critique. Analyses like yours helps composers realize what compositional tools they employed and how effective they were.

Listen to your "Marionette" often. Great piece........

Jack

Beautiful work! The JABB piano sounds perfect, sweet and light, which fits the melody. The strings and winds provide sublime accompaniment. Bravo!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Sean:

Thanks for the listen. Wanted to state, here and now, that your Christmas CD entry, "Glouchester Wassail" is marvelous. The arrangement and instrumentation really captures the spirit of Christmas.

BRAVO, Sean.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast