• Register
  • Help

Topic: RME sound cards with Kontakt 2

RME sound cards with Kontakt 2

Could you guys and gals that are running Kontakt 2 with an RME sound card , please post their computer systems , and how good or bad they run ...Basically list the motherboard, how much ram and type of ram, etc ...AMD or Intel ....It doesn't have to be a long description ....Something basic , and how good it runs for you ....Thanks in advance to all ...Sincerely , Jim

Re: RME sound cards with Kontakt 2

Intel Mac Mini
    1,66Ghz 2GB RAM 667MHz bus
    RME Fireface 400 latest driver and firmware.

Running perfectly at a 64 sample buffer.

I expect you wanted PC specs but this might bump the thread a little and get some action.

All the best,

Central Illinois

Hi, I just ran across your post. I am running Kontakt with an RME Multiface with the Hammerfall DSP sound card in a Intel Pentium D dual core 3.2 GHz system with an ASUS P5WD2 Premium motherboard with 4 G's of DDR2 RAM. I have left the buffer size at the default setting of 512 (12 ms) latency so far and it runs smoothly with no problems.
    Regards, John

Thanks guys....I appreciate it ...I really thought there would be more of a responce ...I guess things are slow in N.I. land ?....Thanks, Jim

Hi Jim! I've used K2 with my RME 9632 but not very much. I now have a sec card just for K2 alone(M-audio 192). So i didn't mentioned it cause it was jus for a very short time... But i had no problem, everything went smoothly.

My Pc is a Dell server 1600sc quad xeon 1.8 (2 x processor) rackmont, asus MB i think(not clear what it is exactly ) 2GB ram ecc memory 128 mb,..

I've used K2 with RME 9632, Mia echo, M-audio 192, M-audio 2496, audigy zx 2 and they all worked well with K2. But i could only open tow instance of K2 Standalone with my Mia, Audigy, and RME.. I could also have 2 instance of K2 with M-audio but with as slower driver crap, no asio.

I hope that was helfull somehow.

Good luck!

Go Back to forum