• Register
  • Help

Topic: Another DSP24 value problem :(

Share/Bookmark

Another DSP24 value problem :(

Now I\'ve managed to get sound from value card, wav and midi, but recording is a another thing. I use Cubase 5, Gigastudio 96 and Soundforge 5 for recording. I have my hifi connected in 1/2 RCA output. I have tried to study manual but all these inputs and outputs make me confused! I only get odd sounds when recording and always there is some messages like: \"output/input is used by another program.\" Tell me how do you set your out/inputs in internal and output mixer. What about in programs like Soundforge?

Also I cant use the value\'s own ASIO driver in Cubase. It is strangely used for some other program too...

I would appreciate if you send \"beginner tutorialish advice\" to me, because I\'m totally lost. I didn\'t have any problems with Live Platinium card.

Re: Another DSP24 value problem :(

I did some testing and when I try to record higher than 44.1 Hz, sound is distorded. I don\'t understand how changing recording quality in soundforge affects also in output sound from gigastudio. How can I ever record in 24/96? Althought there\'s no problem in recording 24bit...

Make sure you set up in the \"hardware settings\" (under file) in the DSP24\'s extermal mixer, the settings for CUBASE as per the manual.

I started to use Logic Soundtrack 24, with setups like in manual. Same prob. Gigafiles are 16bit 44.1 righ? It seams that I have to work always with that samplerate... ...don\'t understand [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Afraid I can\'t help you with the 24/96 problem. Maybe someone more experienced in this area can help you.

Go Back to forum