• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Jabb bossanova

Jabb bossanova

This is a bossa I wrote many years ago, when we used to meet with friends in my basement so it has a special meaning to me...
    It's all JABB and GPO but for the guitar, which is a real guitar, and bass.
    I hope you enjoy...

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: Jabb bossanova

Wow, this is cool! Nice use of horns, love the piano. Very nice indeed.

Re: Jabb bossanova

Hi Roberto,

Very nice! I am a big fan of the flute and trumpet with harmon mute texture (in octaves). Good use of it here. I especially like the entrance of the piano solo, so laid back - the whole piano solo is beautiful, very melodic, and it breathes very well. I can see why this conjures up good memories...

RealSax.com "When you need real sax in your tracks."

Hello there, "Old Bob"---I only had time to listen to one thing this morning, and I'm sure glad your Bossanova caught my eye in the list--and then totally caught my ear. Just completely wonderful. Mmmmm, it's starting to play over again in the Winamp player---Great, I'll keep it on a loop as I get ready to dance out the door.

Thank you!

great Bossanova Old Bob. Just as smooth as silk and I loved the rides. This is definitely a keeper for us jazz lovers.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

That is outstanding, Roberto! Put it on a CD and release it to the public.

Thanks for sharing this fine tune with us.

My best,

Larry G. Alexander

This is one of the nicest things I've heard with JABB. Everything works for me - wonderful use of the horns, fine piano solo, effective brush work, and good decision to begin with the (real) guitar.

As Larry said: this is worth putting on a CD!!! I fully agree with him.

Stixx, Jim, Rbowser thank you so much for your words

Jack, I'm glad there's still jazz lovers around, cause I sometimes fear it's becoming an endangered species

Larry and Raymond, I have often wondered of the opportunity to release a cd of original music, and Joaz helped me clear my mind on this subject... who knows, I might really do it

Tom, I'm always honoured that you like my music

my best

Congratulations on the new website, it is so much easier to hear your music now.

This Bossa is wonderful. !!

You already know by now that I am a huge fan of your music. !!
    But you always seem to exceed my expectations.

What this Bossa has, that many Bossa's played by non-Brasillians do not have is SWING .

This has the weight perfectly balanced, and shows the proper realtionship of Bossa to Samba.
    To understand Bossa you must first understand Samba, your opening guitar groove is a perfect Tamborim pattern playing partido alto, and the groove unfolds perfectly with the bass remembering he is a musical version of the Surdo.

Then there is the excellent rendering.
    It has become very difficult to say what is live and what is sampled, all I hear is music, and creativity.
    A beautiful Piano solo, and also beautiful piano contributions throughout the song. It is always a challenge balancing the guitar and the piano, but you do it wonderfully well here.

Your army of fans must be growing every day, and if you ever decide to release your CD, I am sure many people on this forum would be interested in buying it.

regards Joe

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast