• Register
  • Help

Topic: COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music while Enjoying the Forum!

Share/Bookmark

COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music while Enjoying the Forum!

GARRITAN COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music while Enjoying the Forum!

Enjoy the songs of the season while surfing on the forum with our new embedded Christmas Player.

Click on Play Button below to Play from the Score

The GPO Christmas Album is the 3nd annual collaborative effort of the GPO community and was put together in the spirit of giving for the holiday. A site with this year's GPO Christmas Album and last year's album is also up. There you can download the individual MP3's and the cover art and CD label. We are also replicating a limited number of compact discs.

If any of you would like to request a free compact disc of the album, please let me know and also send me an email (my PM gets filled often) with your mailing address or send a self-addressed stamped envelop to me at Box 400, Orcas, WA 98280 USA.

Here's the link to the Christmas page:
    http://www.garritan.com/Xmas.html

Thanks to all who contributed and submitted songs for this project. You all did a fantastic job. And a special thanks to Santa Dan Kury (DPDan) for all his magnificent work putting this all together. Thanks to Wheat Williams for helping with liner notes. And thanks PapaChalk for making it possible to embed this player in the forum.

This album is special because it was made forum members comprised of musicians from all walks of life - young and old, of different countries and languages, from differing skill levels and training, and from varying backgrounds and musical tastes - but all united in making this special collection so that people like you can benefit.

I plan to spend Christmas morning listening to this album while unwrapping presents and sharing the music and the holidays with family and friends.

This music will spread much joy this holiday season.

Merry Christmas!

Gary Garritan

To Download MP3s, go to our Christmas Page or click the links below:

Re: OUR COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music while Enjoying the Forum!

The player isn't working, is it only me?
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Re: OUR COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music while Enjoying the Forum!

Hi folks - not working for me either.
    Cheers
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jonray
    Hi folks - not working for me either.
    Cheers
    Jon
    Odd, it works for me...

Great job, guys! Very enjoyable listening - thanks for all your hard work, and thanks to Gary for the means for this to be possible.

Ron

Ahhhhh, the Christmas Album ... nice! This is going to sound nice in my new home.
    Styxx

Thank you so much for this Christmas Holiday Album. My congratulations to all for doing such fine work. And please a special thank you to Gary for all his tireless efforts in making and keeping this a wonderful community. Dan Kury, as usual, did a fantastic engineering job. My family loved last year's album and I know this year's will be a hit as well.

Thank you and...

Have a Jouyous Holiday Season Everyone!!!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Gary - there's a typo in the second link to the Christmas Page (the one about 2 inches up from the bottom of your first post)- it should be

http://www.garritan.com/Xmas.html
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1
    The player isn't working, is it only me?
    falcon1,

Check to see if you have the latest Flash plugin installed. And thanks for contributing to the album

Gary

Thanks very much Gary and company, Wheat Williams, PapaChalk, Dan Kury, and all who worked on this or contributed music. This is the best I have ever heard of these works and the new ones are fantastic as well!

Merry Christmas, Blessings and perfect Peace to everyone,

David

Gary, I have checked and I have the latest flash plugin. The flash in the orchestration tutorials works. Kind of strange. hehe..
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Go Back to forum