• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Westgate FLUTES Module Now Available

Share/Bookmark

Westgate FLUTES Module Now Available

As part of our all-new Modular Series
    Westgate Studios is proud to announce the release of The Flutes Module.

On the DVD for Gigastudio 3.1 or Kontakt 2.1 you will find a comprehensive set of 24 bit patches for Solo Piccolo, Solo Flute, Solo Alto Flute and Flute Section.
    If you are looking to breath new life and stunning realism into your music, then this is the library for you.

One of the most exciting features of this library is the Legato playing style. These patches contain not only expressive long notes, but also true legato interval samples that were recorded as the musicians played every note up and down from 1 half-step all the way up to a full octave. And the good news is that you don’t have to load any special tools to control them because the Legato effect is powered by Gigastudio’s imidi rules or Kontakt’s scripting engine.
    But it doesn’t end there. Within this same instrument you can vary the Attack Strength of each note, control the use of Release Samples, and play Same-Note Legato Repetitions in any rhythm or tempo.
    With any other library you’d find your midi channels and tracks quickly filling up, but our focus was to pack as many features as possible into every single patch while still keeping them easy to use.

A new articulation within the Modular Series is Fast Repetitions which includes 16th note (double tongue) and triplet (triple tongue) same-note repetitions in a range of tempos from 120 to 200 bpm.

Along with these highlights you’ll also find everything you’ve come to expect from today’s modern woodwind libraries:
    Staccato and Marcato articulations, Flutter-tongue, Trills, Runs, Stabs and changing dynamics such as Crescendo, Diminuendo and Fortepiano. We’ve gone the extra step to make this a complete solution by including Overblown Staccato samples for that signature "Jazz Flute" sound.

Whether you are a power user or a hobbyist, the feature list and price of this module are enough to make any serious musician want to add these exquisite sounding instruments to their arsenal.
    We have only scratched the surface here. For a complete list of features and audio demos, head over to Westgate Studios.

Although almost twice the size of the Oboes Module, you can get the Flutes on DVD for only $120 (US).

If you don't need everything in this library right away you can purchase the Solo Flute as a direct download for $70 (US) and then later upgrade to the DVD for only $50 (US).

The Oboes Module is also still available for only $100 (US).
    Westgate Studios
    Sound Libraries for Gigastudio and Kontakt

Re: Westgate FLUTES Module Now Available

I got my Flutes DVD yesterday and can't stop playing with it. The Solo Flute and Alto flute sound really good. And the piccolo is amazing! These flutes have wonderful sound and character to them. The legato works like a charm, the short notes have "umph" to them, and the effects takes can add color to any piece.

I love it
    JP Garbarini
    http://www.musicbyjpg.com

"A man who is paid to do what he enjoys never works a day in his life." -- Chinese Proverb

That was quick...oh wait, you only live about an hour away from me.

Glad you are enjoying the library.
    Westgate Studios

lol, yeah... I could practically have picked up from you on my way home from work
    JP Garbarini
    http://www.musicbyjpg.com

"A man who is paid to do what he enjoys never works a day in his life." -- Chinese Proverb

Thumbs up Re: Westgate FLUTES Module Now Available

The pricing is ridiculously good!

Thanks a lot for that!

I received the DVD today. It's wonderful from the bottom to the top!

I didn't expect much from the piccolo. I'm so used to hearing those shrill pointy sticks in marching bands. But this? It's wonderfully musical and controllable. The only nit I can pick is that some of the legato vibrato notes have a bit too much warble for some of the melodies I've been playing. But hey. I've got the NV patch to play with as well. The best of both worlds!

BTW, layering the solo flute (V) with the flute section (NV only) yields a wonderfully rich sound. I've been playing them linked. Recording two separate passes with slightly different ambience would really be a treat.

So... What the heck? I loaded and linked the whole lot. Well, WWWD? (What Would Wagner Do? )

This is a great library, Tim. Bravo!

From the demos i think these are the best woodwinds i ever heard.........and so easy to use........i would like to know when the full orchestra will be available and how i can buy it in Europe!!!!!! Thanks and Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by aLfR3dd
    From the demos i think these are the best woodwinds i ever heard.........and so easy to use........i would like to know when the full orchestra will be available and how i can buy it in Europe!!!!!! Thanks and Congratulations
    It should become available from Best Service. You can already find the Oboe Module there.

Thanks everyone.

The Modular Series is a long-term project. These libraries are very comprehensive and cover just about everything you could want to do with the instruments. Because of this, each library is quite large and takes alot of hard work and time to get right. So rather than keep everyone waiting, we release each of the libraries as they are completed instead.

We are currently in production on the Horns Module and hope to have one of the instruments available as a download by the end of the month.
    Westgate Studios

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    The pricing is ridiculously good!

Thanks a lot for that!
    Sure. There's no reason why everyone shouldn't have access to high quality instruments. Some of those other "big" libraries are over-priced in my opinion.
    Westgate Studios

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast