• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: M-Audio Delta 1010 WDM Drivers

Share/Bookmark

M-Audio Delta 1010 WDM Drivers

Am I missing something? There are no WDM drivers for Windows98SE? I am stuck with the MME?

Re: M-Audio Delta 1010 WDM Drivers

The WDM drivers for Win2000/XP should work fine under Win98SE/ME.

There are only vxd drivers for the delta series under 98SE and ME.

WDM is only INSTALLED under win 2000/XP

There are only vxd drivers for the delta series under 98SE and ME.

WDM is only INSTALLED under win 2000/XP

Mikael & killerbobjr

So what is the answer? I can\'t (and would\'t think) that the 2000/XP drivers would work under 98SE? You both, (thank you for you input), is different. :-) SO-?

Originally posted by killerbobjr:
    The WDM drivers for Win2000/XP should work fine under Win98SE/ME.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Killerbobjr.

If I am reading this correctly, you are saying if I download the Win2000 drivers (i.e. WDM) it will run on my Win98SE? I would of thought not but --

1. Download the Win 2000 WDM drivers, run the file installer and expand the files to a directory or floppy.
    2. If you haven\'t installed any drivers for your Audiophile yet, go to step 5.
    3. Delete the VxD drivers: Right click on \"My Computer\" on the desktop, select \"Properties\" then the \"Device Manager\" tab, scroll down to \"Sound, video, and game controllers,\" select the \"M Audio Delta Audiophile,\" click the \"Remove\" button and click \"Okay.\"
    4. Remove the INF file: Make sure you can see hidden and system files -- Run Windows Explorer, select \"Tools\" then \"Folder Options,\" click the view tab, select the \"Show hidden files and folders\" radio button, uncheck the \"Hide protected operating system files\" checkbox, click \"Okay.\" Now go to your x:\\WINDOWS\\INF\\OTHER folder and delete the \"M AudioMADelta.INF\" file. Reboot your machine.
    5. When Windows starts up, you\'ll be presented with the \"Add new hardware\" dialog. Select for the installation location the directory or drive you expanded the WDM files into. You also may have to point to your Windows installation directory if the installer can\'t find certain Windows files. Once all the files are done installing, reboot your machine.
    6. Start up Gigastudio and select the Audiophile as your output card and you\'re done!

PS: I have the Delta 1010 not the Audiophile but should work the same.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">
    Whoops! Not paying attention there. Where the hell is my coffee!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Great! I will download and install as you instructed. I will let you know later today. Thanks again. PS: I have the Delta 1010 not the Audiophile but should work the same.

KillerbobJr,

I downloaded the Win2000 WDM drivers, uninstalled, cleaned up as you instructed but no go. When I restarted and Windows98Se saw I had new hardware, I pointed to install the drivers to the specified directory where the drivers were located and it gave me an error. No drivers found for you hardware. I even pointed it to the .inf file. No go... HELP! :-)

Go Back to forum