• Register
  • Help

Topic: To you audiophile maniacs out there!

Share/Bookmark

To you audiophile maniacs out there!

Ok, I\'m trashing my Hoontech DSP24 Value into zilloins of pieces and now I\'m finally going to buy Audiophile 2496. Few questions first: I\'m using V-amp2 for recording guitar. Can I just connect it straight to card? Of course I will be using 1/4 ->RCA adapter. How about mic? I quess I need some amplifier for that? What are my possibilities for recording sound with microfone to AP? Please keep in mind that I don\'t have enough money to buy big mixers etc. Also can you Gigastudio users share your experiences about Audiophile? Is it steady?

Thanks!

Re: To you audiophile maniacs out there!

I would caution you about the audiophile. All of its specs sound great especially for the price, but I have some problems with mine. I am convinced that the clicks and pops that I get are a result of the audiophile. I have fixed everything there is to fix in gigastudio and I still have troubles. I have heard that the audiophile has trouble handling both a midi signal and regular audio playback at the same time. At any rate I have heard many people say that it works great and many say that they can\'t get it to work. One thing is for sure however, the support at midiman is awful. If anything does go wrong you will be pretty much on your own.
    By the way, I am running an XP platform. This no doubt complicates matters. If I were you I see if I could find a card from a company with better support and less complaints. You\'ll find a lot on this board. Hope this has been helpful.

John

I v\'e got in Win 2K with Sonar at a rock solid 2.9 ms.I didn\'t try Giga this time with it because in my experience sharing any card with Giga and a sequencer with high track counts at low latencey will allways produce clicks,pop, ect.Even my RME in another setup.So I now run it on another PC.When I did have it in the same PC with Win 98se I let Giga run off my built in sound to monitor and just used the capture to .wav in 24 bit.Plus Giga likes to claim outputs and other weirdness so I either run it off another card or machine to avoid problems.Other than that,no problems with this card and the newest/latest drivers.

Originally posted by TEMPS:
    I would caution you about the audiophile. All of its specs sound great especially for the price, but I have some problems with mine. I am convinced that the clicks and pops that I get are a result of the audiophile. I have fixed everything there is to fix in gigastudio and I still have troubles. I have heard that the audiophile has trouble handling both a midi signal and regular audio playback at the same time. At any rate I have heard many people say that it works great and many say that they can\'t get it to work. One thing is for sure however, the support at midiman is awful. If anything does go wrong you will be pretty much on your own.
    By the way, I am running an XP platform. This no doubt complicates matters. If I were you I see if I could find a card from a company with better support and less complaints. You\'ll find a lot on this board. Hope this has been helpful.

John
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Damn. That sounds bad. Reminds me of few weeks with Hoontech card. Anyways I\'ve ordered Audiophile and all I can do is hope for the best. What are your system specs? Just for comparing. Seams that gigastudio don\'t like to play with any soundcards. It is just a bad programming I guess... ..and I am NOT going to buy another PC for GS. I think that\'s just insane. Ok, it\'s optimal setting but still it goes too far (at least I think so.)

Like I said, some people are very happy with the audiophile, others are ready to pull their hair out. A few days ago they finally came out with updated drivers. This seems to have helped fix some problems but it is still not perfect. As far as my basic specs go, right now I have two separate 40 gig hard drives with all of my drives on separate IDE cables (I have a raid pci card to add more ide slots). I have 512 mb of sdram, and I have used all the ideas on tascam and midiman to optimize my system. If you want, once you get your audiophile and hook it up, if you have any troubles email me and I\'ll let you know all of the tweaking that I did. Good luck. I\'ll send you my email address via a private message.

Go Back to forum