• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mod wheel and SONAR

Share/Bookmark

Mod wheel and SONAR

I know it's been asked before but I've never seen a solution/answer.

In SONAR (I'm using 6 studio) when you stop playing a piece, all the mod wheels of the GPO set back to 0.

Is there any way to stop this?
    JP Garbarini
    http://www.musicbyjpg.com

"A man who is paid to do what he enjoys never works a day in his life." -- Chinese Proverb

Re: Mod wheel and SONAR

JPGarbarini,

In Sonar, go to Options, Project Options, and uncheck "Zero Controllers when Play Stops." That's the quick way but if you have virtually continuous expressive mod wheel data in your tracks then the most recent event will be picked up when you press "play" from any part of your sequence, thus preventing the volume/timbre control jumping to minimum. As I've said many times before, mod wheel data is not a "set and forget" controller. There should be almost constantly varying cc1 data in each of your (expressive instrument) tracks. Changing the Option, as described above, should fix the problem for tracks that contain insufficient cc1 data though, as would be the case with a preliminary sketch.

Tom

Re: Mod wheel and SONAR

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    JPGarbarini,

In Sonar, go to Options, Project Options, and uncheck "Zero Controllers when Play Stops." That's the quick way but if you have virtually continuous expressive mod wheel data in your tracks then the most recent event will be picked up when you press "play" from any part of your sequence, thus preventing the volume/timbre control jumping to minimum. As I've said many times before, mod wheel data is not a "set and forget" controller. There should be almost constantly varying cc1 data in each of your (expressive instrument) tracks. Changing the Option, as described above, should fix the problem for tracks that contain insufficient cc1 data though, as would be the case with a preliminary sketch.

Tom
    Thanks Tom.

I have almost continuous use of CC1 ... the problem I was running into came when I was working in the staff view. Since the modwheel would reset to 0, when I would try to enter new notes, I could hardly hear anything
    JP Garbarini
    http://www.musicbyjpg.com

"A man who is paid to do what he enjoys never works a day in his life." -- Chinese Proverb

Go Back to forum