• Register
  • Help

Topic: Adeste Fideles - fanfare for brass

Adeste Fideles - fanfare for brass

I was asked to write another Christmas fanfare for the Dallas Wind Symphony brass, to be performed in the giant (ridiculously reverberant) marble foyer at the Meyerson Symphony Center. Here's what I've come up with...

Adeste Fideles

Hope you enjoy...

- David

edit 11/22/07: correct bad link

Re: Adeste Fideles - fanfare for brass

David, really excellent work on this, it sounds very well already with samples, it will be magnificent with real players!

I can only imagine how brilliant this would sound with live players in a giant marble foyer... mmmm, that will be heavenly, no doubt! Fantastic brass writing, I can never seem to make brass sound so harmonious. Bravo! I envy the audience of the live performance.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Penfield (Rochester), NY

Let's see..ways to cut down reverb....pump the air out of the hall? Nope, interfers with the audiance and performers!! Fill hall with cotton balls. Nope, blocks the view of the audiance

I guess this stunning work will have to stand on its own merits!! Great writing and orchestration. The GPO does it justice and the live performance will be all the better.

I'm listening to your piece now - what great writing! If you are able to get a recording for us to listen to of the Dallas Wind Symphony brass, that would be awesome! Your arrangement is very inventive, also very musical - congratulations on a fine work!

RealSax.com "When you need real sax in your tracks."

What an excellent arrangement, David! Some
    of the finest writing of this kind I have heard.

The rendered version is beautifully done... but in live
    performance, this will, beyond doubt, be spectacular.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. The performance went very well, except the timpanist didn't hold the final roll quite long enough and folks started clapping before the last note!

A couple of fanfares I have posted GPO versions of here before are also being performed this month by the brass of the San Francisco Symphony. Gee, I hope they tape the concert...

Congrats on the performances, David!

Well deserved.

Go Back to forum