• Register
  • Help

Topic: About disabling mod wheel

Share/Bookmark

About disabling mod wheel

Hi!

Is there any good way to disable mod wheel in the GPO player? I'm building layered sounds in Ableton Live and trying to make a string pad. When I layer sounds as one, I can't have any variable factor (like the modwheel) there, but should have a sound, that always sounds the same.

If there's no proper solution, I'd like to suggest this for the future players: to be able to set modwheel data (or any volume controlling midi channel) to some static value when needed, so that it could be used as a pad or some other kind of gig sound. Realistic sound isn't the point there, but just a sound that behaves like the others in the same rack/layerset/etc.

Re: About disabling mod wheel

Try downloading the X-Custom instruments on the Garritan site. You can choose which controller you'd like to use and also adjust the dynamic range slider.

Tom

Oh, thanks! I didn't know there's something like that!

I just install them by copying the folders to ie. X-Custom folder in GPO Library -directory? I have a mac. Or should I replace the previous folders in the Instruments-folder?

Thanks again!

Copy it to the Instruments folder. It doesn't replace anything - it's an addition.

Tom

The contents in the instruments folder are dated on July 2005 while the contents of the x-custom folder are from the end of 2004. So I can still replace the files in my current Instrument folder with no trouble? The files in them are the same (at least some)

Oh, and one extra questions: are the controller settings made with x-custom in the player global or session-specific?

Quote Originally Posted by karvasika
    The contents in the instruments folder are dated on July 2005 while the contents of the x-custom folder are from the end of 2004. So I can still replace the files in my current Instrument folder with no trouble? The files in them are the same (at least some)
    Once again: You do *not* replace the files in the Instruments folder. You just put the X-Custom folder in the Instruments folder. All other files in the Instruments folder remain untouched. The dates are irrelevant.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by karvasika
    Oh, and one extra questions: are the controller settings made with x-custom in the player global or session-specific?
    Any settings you make to the player will be saved with your song files, not with the library .nki files. So, session-specific.

Tom

Go Back to forum