• Register
  • Help

Topic: Expression Pedal for PCR-30?

Share/Bookmark

Expression Pedal for PCR-30?

Hey All,
    I just got me an Edirol PCR 30 controller. Not the most amazing piece of equipment in the world, but it's already doing me better than testing patches in sonar was (having to mouse in my midi data all the time sucks).

Only thing is, the music store sold me an expresxsion pedal which, as it turns out, was designed for use with zoom effects pedals. It will be returned.
    My question is this: What would YOU recommend I get to replace the pedal, if informed that I would like to spend under 100 bones?

Thanks in advance,
    Belbin

Re: Expression Pedal for PCR-30?

Hi Belbin, I got a PCR-80 as second keyboard and I use a Roland EV-5 as a volume/expression pedal with it, and it works perfect. It reaches all MIDI values from 0 to 127, I know this can sound absurd but not all pedals do. It has a knob for adjusting the minimum value too, and I think is a cheap device.

Cheers!

I bought an expression pedal for my Yamaha S90 the same day I got the keyboard but have since moved to using one of the 4 faders on the top of the keyboard to input expression on a second pass.
    There's no way I can get as much control with my foot and a pedal.
    The fader is perfect ... i.e. if I don't have to do it when I'm playing the part.

If you don't have a midi controller with assignable faders I'd recommend a control surface with faders before I'd recommend a pedal.

Sr V: Thanks, that's the one I had in mind.

Steve: The pcr 30 has assignable everything: including pedal jacks...I'd like to be able to do certain things with my foot. Thanks for the tip, though.

Belbin

Go Back to forum