• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can only run GPO as Administrator

Share/Bookmark

Can only run GPO as Administrator

I'm new to GPO. I ordered the Full Version with Finale 2007. After installing both, and doing some troubleshooting, I have GPO working both stand-alone and thru Finale 2007. But, it will only work if I'm logged in as administrator. If I'm logged in as my user account I get the following error message: "Application installation error. Please reinstall Garritan Personal Orchestra." This happens with both GPO stand-alone and when starting Finale 2007. But, if I log in as administrator everything seems to work OK. I'm running Windows 2000 Pro. Any suggestions?

Re: Can only run GPO as Administrator

Native Instruments load only into the current user configuration. It sounds like you installed while logged into the administrator account. You will need to uninstall it and reinstall it while logged into your regular user account.

Jim

Angry Re: Can only run GPO as Administrator

OK, I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling while logged in as my user account. However, it won't let me install as my user account; I get the message that file \UNWISE.EXE could not be accessed, access denied. I got that even though I made my user account a member of the administrators group, so I should have access to everything. When I log back in as administrator everything installs and works OK, but then I can't use GPO from my user account. What am I missing here?

Did you uninstall in the administrator account?

Jim

Yes, I did.

Have you checked the Native Instruments website Knowledge Base? I would check there for issues and if that fails, you may want to contact Gary Garritan to see if he has a solution to the problem. He may not as this is a problem with the Native Instruments installer. I'm still not sure why they decided to user the current user registry keys which is what is causing the problem when you login as another user.

Jim

Smile Re: Can only run GPO as Administrator

I finally solved the problem with installing in my regular user account. It turns out that the default install directory was not set by the installer and I didn't notice that, so when I accepted the defaults it didn't know where to install. By selecting the appropriate directory, it installed OK. Now, I can run GPO and Finale 2007 with GPO in my regular user account (but it won't work for administrator, which is probably OK with me).

Good find! Enjoy the library!

Jim

Hello!

I asked a similar question a long time ago.
    Perhaps this can be helpful.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=29693

Regards,

Thomas

(I´ve tried this on XP and it seems to work fine)
    "Every journey, even one of a thousand miles, begins with a single step."

Go Back to forum