• Register
  • Help

Topic: Which Steinway is this???

Share/Bookmark

Which Steinway is this???

http://www.gigfiles.com/keyboards-pi...nd-compare.asp

At this site you'll find a Steinway D sample, 8 layers, and a mp3 of the Moonlight Sonata using this sample. Per Larsson's sample. Was this sample ever marketed?

JG

Re: Which Steinway is this???

Not sure, but if you click on the Studio grand 88 link it takes you to the same page as well.

I'm guessing they are reffering to Sampletekk's Steiny D... that has 8 layers
    But I don't know the exact size of Steiny D, and I'm pretty sure it's not every note either.

perhaps Worra knows the real answer

Hmmm... strange...
    The only Steinway I've sampled are a Steinway D, so it must be that! I'd guess it's the Steiny D.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Dirk
    I'm guessing they are reffering to Sampletekk's Steiny D... that has 8 layers
    But I don't know the exact size of Steiny D, and I'm pretty sure it's not every note either.

perhaps Worra knows the real answer
    The Steiny D is all full notes, that is, all white keys. Don't know why it says "all keys" on that site.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Quote Originally Posted by Worra
    The Steiny D is all full notes, that is, all white keys. Don't know why it says "all keys" on that site.
    Maybe because they interpret "full" to mean, well you know, "full", and not just "somewhat full".

I was thinking Steiny D was the full keys, but since I don't have it, I wasn't 100% sure.

I think they are demonstrating how their smaller pianos (3 vel/every 3 notes) can hold up against the big dogs, all be it a slight exaggeration

Worra's the big dog - Arf, arf, arf....

Ah, yes, there it is at Worra's site. Great.

Thanks,

JG

Go Back to forum