• Register
  • Help

Topic: Rendering the Grand 2

Rendering the Grand 2

I am having trouble rendering the Grand 2. I normally use a K2 Piano Library, but the model 1 of the Grand 2 (A Kawai, I think) sounded particularly good for this piece. There is a part in the song that uses a lot of sustain and cannot be played in real time unless "true sustain" is disabled, so I tried rendering it in Cubase with "export" enabled in the plugin. It sounds terrible. Bass notes are often missing and the True Sustain occasionally sounds stretched and distorted. I tried a lower bit depth and resolution--no difference. I can't just record the track live unless I give up on the true sustain, and that would not meet the minimum standards for my project (it just wouldn't sound realistic). Can anyone help?

Re: Rendering the Grand 2

just wanted to add that I discovered using it in rewire mode seams to help as opposed to VST (which makes no sense) but it is still quirky, especially with tempo changes, long sustain passages and notes that are not quantized. Sounds great when it works, but I'm not sure I would recommend it unless I am the only one having thse problems. There is an update, but it does not claim to fix any of these problems by my understanding. I tend to avoid updates unless I think the will fix a problem, cause the often create a new one. Just my thoughts, if anyone cares.

Go Back to forum