• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem with new Kontakt 2 on Mac

Share/Bookmark

Problem with new Kontakt 2 on Mac

I just updated Kontakt last night and now it crashes on startup (it crashes my Host program as well....Nuendo)

I wrote NI about it and they said:

The problem is most likely an issue with your OS. The newest versions of our software require OS X.4 Since you are on 10.3.9 you are likely going to experience issues like you currently have. If you upgrade, these should disappear.

I really doubt this but I guess it is possible.
    Anyone else?

jmp

Re: Problem with new Kontakt 2 on Mac

It does now state on the NI website that 10.4.x is required for Kontakt 2.2. Unless you really need any of the new features included with the update maybe you should just reinstall 2.1. I can tell you that I'm running Kontakt 2.2 on my G5 and my Macbook Pro with 10.4.8 with out any problems, and none of the other people I know off running Tiger have had any major problems, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was because of 10.3.
    Tim

You are not the first to complain about K2.2 not being able to run on 10.3.9. You will find others with a similar problem on NI's forum.

I guess I'll go buy Tiger tomorrow.

I had to have the newest version of Kontakt for a Library I am using....
    Thanks,
    jmp

Quote Originally Posted by johnmarkpainter
    I guess I'll go buy Tiger tomorrow.

I had to have the newest version of Kontakt for a Library I am using....
    Thanks,
    jmp

Kontakt 2.2 crashes Tracktion too - both 1.6 and 2.x (I tried it on the Demo). I am running Tiger version 10.4.8.

The AudioUnit works well (Tried it in Garageband) - but the VST crashes my host. I need to contact NI about this. The stand-alone player works fine. the AU works fine. but the VST - NOPE!!!

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Go Back to forum