• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO and progress indicator pop-up

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs down GPO and progress indicator pop-up

I don't know, if JABB or strad have this pop up indicator, that tells you how many percents of the patch is loaded, but I'd like to suggest removing this from the future versions of the player, since it's rather disturbing sometimes. Instead, the progress should be displayed withing the plugin. I'm sure this is possible too?

For example in Ableton Live, this pop-up messes up the way things work and prevents certain things from working the way they should. It also actually crashes Live in some situations, but this could be their problem too.

Then in Logic, I often accidentally open a wrong project and the GPO player pops up with the cancel button disabled and there's nothing else to do than force quit the whole program or wait.

Maybe the GPO (and others) could just load in total silence like all the other plugins? Doesn't Kontakt (at least 2) show the progress withing itself too and not pop up?

Re: GPO and progress indicator pop-up

Quote Originally Posted by karvasika
    Maybe the GPO (and others) could just load in total silence like all the other plugins? Doesn't Kontakt (at least 2) show the progress withing itself too and not pop up?
    It's because it's based of Kontakt (and the Kompakt player) that the pop-up happens. NI's software pops up that window whenever a patch is loaded. I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done about it from Garritan. I would think that would be a change/feature that NI would have to implement.
    JP Garbarini
    http://www.musicbyjpg.com

"A man who is paid to do what he enjoys never works a day in his life." -- Chinese Proverb

The load indicator is on the NI side. The load indicator is not in Kontakt 2 though. Actually, I like the load indicator especially when loading large samples as it lets me know that the system hasn't froze up loading samples.

Jim

Yea, I agree it's useful too. My problems just started with Ableton Live, since the load indicator pops up already when I start to drag the instrument and stops certain functions by taking the focus away from the program itself.

Also the cancel button being disabled makes it quite annoying in large projects (if you're loading the wrong project).

We'll see what happens with Kontakt 2. I better ask Ableton folks about this too after the updated GPO comes out and the issue still remains..

Thanks!

Go Back to forum