• Register
  • Help

Topic: ANSWER ME PLEASE!!

Share/Bookmark

ANSWER ME PLEASE!!

Alright, I\'ve had Gigastudio awhile, and I\'ve been using plug-in reverbs which suffice for the moment, but I want to use my kurzweil internal effects box for the reverb. How do YOU guys route your Giga setup so that you can use your reverb effects boxes? I have a Gina 24/96 and Win 2000. I have analog and digital in\'s out\'s on both my kurzweil and Gina. HELP ME, I want reverb. Moozik suks with no reeverbb.

Re: ANSWER ME PLEASE!!

Well smith, I posted this same problem in all three categories, and just today, I finally got it right. I have reverb working now, and it\'s about time! After over a month! Thanks anyways!!

Re: ANSWER ME PLEASE!!

Don\'t shoutm, A_SAPP, it\'s OK, we understand the frustration... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I use a mixer. Giga to the mixer, set your KW box as a buss out or aux out, aux in or use a channel pair to get EQ, further FX, etc.

There may be a way to go straight back to your computer, but I don\'t know your rig.

Digital option-S/PDIF out to KW, to S/PDIF in on whatever-watch out for clocking issues. Are you running a master clock (Aardvark, GenX, etc) to control all this stuff? I use a Mackie d8b console and clock everything I can from a GenX6-console, MOTU 2408, Mackie HDR, MOTU MTP/AV, Lex MPX-1, etc., even my Alesis ADATs (when I use them, VERY seldom!) Quadrasynth Plus and S4. If it\'s got a clock connection,it\'s connected. Keeps the clicks to a minimum.

If you don\'t have a mixer, you might want to consider getting one-Mackie 1604-style mixers are pretty cheap, and if you keep the gain staging hot, can be pretty transparent. But to leep the path all digital, there are now a ton of cheap but pretty good digital mixers on the street.

HTH.

Dasher

Go Back to forum