• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 2's Scripting/Revamping Existing Libraries

Kontakt 2 Scripting/Revamping Existing Libraries

With the advent of Kontakt 2's scripting feature, isn't it now possible to make existing libraries more playable?

For example, using expression with EWQLSO Gold/Platinum instruments is a pain sometimes, as the release trails are often adversely affected by CC11 movements. Those of you who use EWQLSO probably understand what I'm talking about (See this thread: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...+release+trail)

I, like rJames and others, want expression to affect the release trail the instant that it is triggered, and not for the entire duration of the RT's sample. The waxing and waning of the hall sound is unnatural, and splitting each instrument into 2 instruments (the actual instrument and its release trail counterpart) for separate MIDI track control is very awkward.

Also, for the up/down or roundrobin-type articulations, would it now be possible to use an unused key to select what stroke will be played initially? Is it already possible without scripting?

And I'm sure there are other ideas that can make instruments a lot more playable. Now I'm feeling a bit "left out" like Bruce Richardson, because creating scripts for my own whims would require a whole new load of "coursework" in a field that's Greek to me. Hmmmmm...

UK- teeming with life....

Re: Kontakt 2's Scripting/Revamping Existing Libraries

Good thinking dezai!

Re: Kontakt 2's Scripting/Revamping Existing Libraries

Heheh. No no no no no, the people who come up with the scripts themselves will be the ones with good thinking! I'd even pay a few bucks for an updated set of instrument programs. (Hint, hint, nudge, nudge ) I know the Pro upgrade includes more articulations, but does it have new programming for the old instruments, current with today's technology? Cause the samples themselves are still excellent.

Go Back to forum