• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A GPO piece I would like to share with you all

Share/Bookmark

A GPO piece I would like to share with you all

I wrote this piece for a small contest and have become quite attached to it. It's pretty mellow, using mostly GPO (I used another plugin for the choirs). I'm submitting it for your listening enjoyment, also if you have any comments and/or concerns, I would love to hear them! The link is here: http://www.arcticdawnmusic.com/nopass/Truth.mp3

Thank you for your time, and have a good day!

Re: A GPO piece I would like to share with you all

Quote Originally Posted by mikjay
    I wrote this piece for a small contest and have become quite attached to it.
    I can imagine that.... it sounds great. Comments? No. Where did you get those "series of bells" from (at the beginning and at the end)?
    The intro with the oboe..... really good.

Raymond

Yes it sounds great, i hope you won it, mikjay. I agree with Raymond, very nice intro with Oboe. From 13 to 46, is that French horn and Oboe in unison?

David

It sounds very good. It's seems to be of the sound track genre.

Phil

very nice work, mikjay

I enjoyed the way the arrangement meanders between east and western styles. I was reminded of "The Mummy" soundtrack at times.

An enjoyable listen.

~Jeff

Yes, indeed, it is a very nice mix. That's unfortunately a melody that will stay in my head for the rest of the day. Thanks for putting it online so it would stick in our minds!

I really enjoyed it, thanks so much for sharing!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Sounds great, Mikjay. Listening to the instrumentation and progressions reminds me of an "Arctic Dawn"--clear, well-defined.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Sounds pretty darn good to me, you rendered this rather well too.

Hi Mikjay,
    It sounds very nice. I hope that you do well in the competition. It does remind me of the "Mummy" too...that's a good thing - don't worry Let us know how you did!!
    Take Care,
    Steph

Wow, thank you all for listening and for your wonderful comments! Raymond, I'll try to answer your question first. If by "series of bells" you're referring to the wind chimes, they are in GPO under Percussion Toys KS. The key is Ab 6 I believe (I do wish there were more). To answer your question Leaf, from 13 to 46 the lead is just French Horn. From 16 to 30, the Oboe plays but quietly in harmony. Steph, thank you for your concern about the contest. I placed 3rd out of 9, which is more than good enough for me.

By comparing it to The Mummy, you pay me a great compliment, thank you!

Thanks again for your time, it means a great deal to me!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast