• Register
  • Help

Topic: Nocturne in Sea Shark ~ Animation scored using GPO

Share/Bookmark

Nocturne in Sea Shark ~ Animation scored using GPO

Dear All

here is an animation I scored earlier in the year. It was scored using GPO apart from the Tarantella (accordian and guitar). It was premiered at the St Magnus Festival and the Edinburgh International Film Festival.

All comments welcome.

http://www.nocturneinseashark.co.uk/hi_full.htm

Enjoy

Brian

Re: Nocturne in Sea Shark ~ Animation scored using GPO

Oh loved it very much! And my friend too who doesn't normally like everything too! The animation, the story, the idea and the music fit everything very well!

Very well done, congratulations! It must've taken some time!

Wow Brian! This is excellent. Thanks for posting this.

The music was perfect for the animation. You did a perfect job with it. Your music coincided well with the story - the storm ,the shark, the romance, the betrayal, the magical moments, the revenge, and the surreal images - you captured it all in sound. It's all there.

I know of your selfless dedication to helping musician's at the Drake School, but this is a wonderful side of you we have not seen much of. I hope you share more of it.

All the best,

Gary Garritan

Thank you so much for your feedback

Since you asked Gary, here's another little one. This was scored for a 22-screen installation at a new concert hall in Scotland. The video artist is Mike Windle ~ wonderful artist!!

Scored using GPO Steinway and solo strings.

http://www.porty.net/beginningending/

Enjoy

Brian

Hmmmmmmmm........Don't seem to be getting anything except a clear, blue screen and no sound.

What am I doing wrong?

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2
    Hmmmmmmmm........Don't seem to be getting anything except a clear, blue screen and no sound.

What am I doing wrong?

Jack
    Do you have Quicktime 7 installed?

Brian

Thanks Brian for the tip. No, I don't have Quick Time 7 actively working, but I have the download in my "downloads" folder. I always want to use Windows Media Player for my music playback and not the "Real Player." That thing takes control of everything on your computer, so I don't have Quick Time actively installed. To play videos, I installed a substitute for Quick Time 7 (VLC Medial Player), but it is not bringing up your cartoon in this case.

Thanks, though, for taking the time to help me.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum