• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Another Miroslav Demo

Share/Bookmark

Another Miroslav Demo

I really got to dig in to the Miroslav Philharmonik the last few days.. I was impressed with the sounds once again..Any comments on this piece are truly welcome.. Sort of suspense.Trial by Numbers.. Thanks in advance..
    http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=911844&t=4196

Re: Another Miroslav Demo

i agree these strings are incredible ... still unbeaten in my opinion. Yeah perhaps the legato isn't perfect, perhaps there's only a few velocity layers and such. But those strings... they have a soul !

Mister Miroslav Vitous, please make another orchestral library

Great demo!

I think the reverb sounded very natural. Did you use the Philharmonik reverb? I may be wrong but it kind of sounds like you did not use any form of expression (CC11, or whatever Philharmonik uses for expr)? Espesially the end; it ends very abrupt... You might smooth it down a bit if you play a bit with the expr-pedal....

Nice to hear a new Philharmonik demos. There are way too few Miro demos IMO. Made two myself about a year ago, but haven't got around making any new as I started using EWQLSO GOLD instead... But Philharmonik has some hidden qualities, thats for sure... A warmt that I don't find in any my other libraries...

Just listened to you demo now for the second time... I really like the thing that startes at about 2:20 and goes on till about 2:55... Sounds very James Horner-like... Me like....

Take care!

Chris

Thanks John, Could not agree with you more.. The life is there in his instruments.. As I posted in my last Miroslav demo, I bought just to have it.. Since I owned the Akai version.. And of course I am glad. I for one am with you,wish Miroslav would come out with a new library also.. I be the first in line..Thanks again..Joseph...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCarter
    Mister Miroslav Vitous, please make another orchestral library
    Yeah! He really should... These samples sounds so alive... If I've understood correctly, it has something to do with the way he instructed the orchestra to play... Instead of making the orchestra play static notes, he instructed them to play the notes in a musical manner, as if they were performing something from a known classical work...

But I really doubt he will be part of any orchestral sample project again...

Thanks Shantar, I have used the Reverb in Philharmonik.. And I have used CC11 for expression, and CC01, but did not get carried away as usual.. As it ended abrupt, it was pretty close to 12 minutes long. Tried to cut it out in a nice way.. Would love to hear some of your Miroslav demos.. Many Thanks for your comments, and the time to listen..Joseph..

So you did use expression! I better go wash my ears!

Well, there are only two miro-demos on the internet that I've made. However, they are not MY music , but some clips I made from Basil Poledouris'(RIP) Conan The Barbarian soundtrack... I did not have the score (don't think it is possible to get hold of hit) but I did my best,trying to figure out what instruments played what...
    If you want to listen to it, you can find 'em at: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=346409&T=413

Cheers...

Shantar, I listened to both of them.. To me there are fantastic..Like what you have done with these two pieces..Anymore planned? Joseph..

Quote Originally Posted by mech289
    Shantar, I listened to both of them.. To me there are fantastic..Like what you have done with these two pieces..Anymore planned? Joseph..
    I do not have anything planned no... If I was going to finish these songs using miro, I would have to start all over again, due to a harddisk crash earlier this year... It is a shame but I don't spend too much time on making orchestral music, or learning to use the tools I have. I would really like to learn more. Hearing demos like the one you posted inspires me to play around with Miro some more... Keep posting!

Chris

I left a review. Thanks for the listen.

Go Back to forum