• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS doesnt recognize my sound card after switching PCI slots

Share/Bookmark

GS doesnt recognize my sound card after switching PCI slots

I had an IRQ conflict between my GSIF compatible sound card (TerraTec EWX2496) and a USB device.
    Tonight I moved the card (which has been working fine with GigaStudio) to a different PCI slot and my Win98se P3-550 has now assigned the soundcard to a different IRQ. Now GS pops up with the following message when I try to open it:

\"Error Code 60000: Your system does not have a Giga compatible soundcard.\"

I uninstalled and reinstalled the soundcard drivers and restarted my computer after I first saw this message. Why would GS no longer recognize my sound card ? Under Hardware/Routing in GS there are no sound card devices available. Oddly it lists the card as a Midi In choice down below this, but only for Port 1 and it does not show a Port 2 as being available now (I use GS96).

The IRQ (number 11) where my card was reassigned shows the following devices - in case this might be the source of the problem:

11 EWX2496 (the sound card)
    11 US Robotics 56K PCI (I do not use this device)
    11 ATI 3D Rage Pro
    11 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering
    11 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering

Any suggestions MUCH appreciated, as I am STUCK for the moment. Why would GS not recognize the card once again in its new location ? The card is working fine for listening to reqular wav files once again, so it is properly in a PCI slot. THANKS, LFE

Re: GS doesnt recognize my sound card after switching PCI slots

Had the same problem. When I reinstalled Giga, everything was fine again. Hope this helps.

Re: GS doesnt recognize my sound card after switching PCI slots

Thanks Jake. Actually I ended up disabling the 56K modem (which I dont use) and now the card is sharing fine with the other devices - and sounds better than ever. (No more static sound - like I had occasionally when my card was sharing another IRQ with a USB device.)

IRQs are weird arent they? Even Intel told me to \"just keep moving the card around til you find a slot that works.\" Pretty scientific, eh?

Go Back to forum