• Register
  • Help

Topic: Layla24 with Sleekline 1800 looks good

Share/Bookmark

Layla24 with Sleekline 1800 looks good

I am giving up on the laptop, because I\'ve found an interesting 1U short-body rackmount computer. the Sleekline 1800 1.8 GHZ, 40 and 120GB ATA133 drives, up to 2 GB DDR RAM, the only catch is the single PCI port, they actually custom cut the back panel, and a may need to add few other engineering bits and pieces (but the total cost for the customization is well under $100.)

Kevin at Tascam has heartily endorsed the card, so I\'m going with it. 20 lbs plus LCD display/keyboard (that\'s 32 KG for those of you on metrics [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) for what should be a kick-booty machine.

I\'ll let you know how it works out, the main issue now (beside getting it to work...) should be the case/transport. I\'d like tp be able to remove the top of a box, prop up the display. plug it in and start Gig-ging.

Anybody know a really innovative case maker?

Dasher

Re: Layla24 with Sleekline 1800 looks good

Oy Vey Dash...

32 kilos is over 70lbs! That\'s not a lunchbox, that\'s a diner!

To convert pounds to kilos, multiply the number of pounds by .4536

Regardless, it looks like a great choice - smaller than most rackmount synth modules, but still with a better display [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

my lunchbox DAW weighs in at 30lbs. it ain\'t light like a laptop.

70lbs..sounds like a nuisance

good luck [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

. 20 lbs plus LCD display/keyboard (that\'s 32 KG for those of you on metrics
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Make that \"for those of you on steroids!\" When calculators are outlawed, only outlaws will have calculators! Chadwick was right, I converted the wrong way. Let\'s make that 12.5 Kg!! (I DO wish the US would convert to the metric system once and for all... [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] )

Dasher

Go Back to forum