• Register
  • Help

Topic: E.MORRICONE: Academy awards Oscar to carreer

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up E.MORRICONE: Academy awards Oscar to carreer

Finally the movie-soundtrack Italian composer Ennio Morricone wins the prize he never had for any of the 400 movies he scored (someone quite excellent and quite famous, from Sacco and Vanzetti song with J.Baez, to all the wonderful spaghetti-western unforgettable movies by S.Leone, to Hollywood productions like The Untouchable or Mission, to more poetic Novecento or Canon Inversus etc. etc.).

Even if late and "to carreer", the Oscar to Ennio makes me happy: he's not just a never tired professional of soundtrack writing, he is a true musician, IMHO.

congratulations Ennio, and thanks for all the excellent samples of music you wrote.

Re: E.MORRICONE: Academy awards Oscar to carreer

IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!

Morrecone truly is "the maestro". Not only is he prolific, he is a fabulous composer. His melodies make me cry. He is a living legend.

A few years ago (2000) I attended a screening of Malena in which Morrecone and the director, Giuseppe Tornatore were in attendance for a Q & A after the screening. Morrecone was nominated for the Oscar but (obviously) did not win. His score was up to his usual high standards, of course. I had the opportunity to shake this man's hand and get an autographed copy of the soundtrack which I will cherish forever.

I am also very happy to hear of his award.

Steve Barden
    Steve Barden
    www.SteveBarden.com
    "So....it's a profit deal!" - Navin R. Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    Finally the movie-soundtrack Italian composer Ennio Morricone wins the prize he never had for any of the 400 movies he scored
    The Academy Award is not big enough! There's composers who deserve it, and there's Ennio who makes them all look like beginners!

The only grudge we Slovenians have against him is scoring the controversial "Il Cuore Nell Pozzo" film.

Congrats!

Only my congratulations Ennio... I love your music!!!

All the best,
    Roberto

Go Back to forum