• Register
  • Help

Topic: *Lights And Shadows*

*Lights And Shadows*

Hello everyone! It has been a while since I posted here, moved back to Texas and whatnot so haven't had much time... Anywho, I figured I might as well post something again lol. I have been messing around with piano pieces lately, and this is one from late at night. Uses the sweet GPO piano for the most part, and a dash of synth effects, and has a vague and mysterious atmosphere so nothing too fancy. It is kinda sorta dark, and really short, but hopefully somebody likes it

Re: *Lights And Shadows*

Hi Sam,
    I was wondering where you went...
    I'm having trouble with your link...I'd like to hear it...
    Take Care,

edit: Link's working now

Hi Sam!
    Yes, you're right.. it's too short! I really really like it a lot! Although...the synthy stuff unnerved me a tad...took me out of it, but other than that it's great! Thanks for sharing and I'm glad that you're back.
    Take Care,

You remembered me? Yay! I feel like a real living, breathing human being again, lol!

Yeah, that song actually began as a synth track but I threw in some piano and I liked the piano so it took over the song. But you're right, it doesn't always work does it? Hehe.

I actually made three songs that night, the others are all piano pieces. Here is the next one:

This is a more "lyrical", story-telling song and not as dark but perhaps with a little sorrow interwoven in parts. Anyways, I be glad you liked my music!

Very nice!!! Stick around this time so that you can share more!
    Take Care,

Alrighty then! And thanks, lol, in that case I shall continue with my musical spamming... this is the last song of the night, not really sure what I was thinking but I was just messing around- the result was a kinda progressive sounding piece which is not normally my style. I almost deleted this one as it seemed pretty repetitive but meh, I figured I might as well post it. Just turned out sounding too much like a bg tune I might hear on the weather channel or something hehe... *hangs head in shame*. But hopefully someone out there'll like it

Good to see you back, Sam!

Interesting admixture of soundscape and improvisation...

thanks, it is nice to be back!

Nice to hear from you again, Sam!

You entered the forum with a big bang, then quietly slipped away...
    Life's craziness often has her own plans for our lives.

Enjoyed both pieces.. They seem a bit somber in mood.( which I like!)
    The solo piano combined with extra reverb gives it that extra spatial-ness, or isolation... hence contributing to the mood.

Very nice work!

Looking forward to hearing more.

Thank you, your comments are most appreciated! I have a really long unfinished piano piece that I will post when I am done with it. Seems like it takes longer to edit and master these things than it does to actually compose them lol.

Go Back to forum