• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Dragon of the Mist

Share/Bookmark

Dragon of the Mist

Instead of sleeping and studying for the exams I have Monday, I wrote this orchestral piece. In some ways, it is similar to my Waltz for Pegasus. Some of the melodies in this piece have been stuck in my head for a while, waiting to find their way into a piece, and I think I gave them a good home. Some of the other melodies were just free bonus gifts from my muse I suppose.

So, here is my "Dragon of the Mist" :

http://www.wizardwalk.com/music2/Dragon_Of_The_Mist.mp3

I hope you enjoy it!

... and don't worry, I'll do fine on the exams. I think.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: Dragon of the Mist

I like this one. It has a pleasant feel to it. Though from what I can gather, this would be something that I would hear in a RPG.

Great to see you back with something new, Sean.

Lovely melodic work in this, entrancing in places. As the
    day winds down, a perfectly soothing denouement...
    I particularly liked a lot of the counterline and dialogue
    in this, Sean; as well as the buoyant hope and anticipation
    of the latter sections -- a pleasure!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by cmbmusic
    I like this one. It has a pleasant feel to it. Though from what I can gather, this would be something that I would hear in a RPG.
    Thanks for listening, cmbmusic! I haven't played many RPGs, but from what I've heard of their soundtracks, they do sound pretty darn good, don't they? I certainly that fantastical element associated with the music. I definitely wouldn't mind making money writing music for an RPG! Maybe someday...
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Great to see you back with something new, Sean.

Lovely melodic work in this, entrancing in places. As the
    day winds down, a perfectly soothing denouement...
    I particularly liked a lot of the counterline and dialogue
    in this, Sean; as well as the buoyant hope and anticipation
    of the latter sections -- a pleasure!
    Thank you for your kind words, David! I appreciate your dedication to the listening room, you are doing a great thing! This listening room is quite vast, isn't it?! It's astounding how much music GPO has made possible.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

I see a documentary about the wonderful landscapes of Ireland. Thin mist is coming and going, wetting the grass and trees. While it builds up the focus points to some distant buildings, a church, deserted roads, an old car in front of the local pub and inside, people are gathered around a wooden table. Some of them tell stories in a nostalgic mood and the barman brings a tray with "Tullamore Dew".. now the images faint away to go to the plains and surroundings again, bumping against mountains, waterfalls and the whole lot is just fading away again in solitude.......

And now for the real thing. What is RPG? The only RPG I know is Report Program Generator, a so-called 4th generation programming language of IBM.

Thank you for posting this piece of music,

Raymond

Great work, Sean.

A perfect soothing melody to start the new week.
    Enjoyed the gentle dialogue, with some pleasant turns and pitch shifts.

terrific work!

~Jeff

Thumbs up Re: Dragon of the Mist

Sean, this is a great piece. It is both soothing and uplifting and is something I could listen to over and over. Well done!

-LFO

P.S. Now get back to your studies! How do you expect to get an A on your test if you don't study hard?! (Did I sound like a nagging mom? I was trying to. )
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

I just got around to listening to this piece. I really like it Sean. Nice melody and the whole piece just moves... err, soars along so nicely.

Was a lot of fun to listen to. Thanks for sharing.
    JP Garbarini
    http://www.musicbyjpg.com

"A man who is paid to do what he enjoys never works a day in his life." -- Chinese Proverb

Thumbs up Re: Dragon of the Mist

Beautiful work Sean, and so relaxing to listen to. I also have no clue what an RPG is, in the military it means rocket propelled grenade.

I noticed it's dated the 15th and now everyone probably out for the Holidays, did you pass?

I hope you passed.
    David

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast