• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2007a update available

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2007a update available

Update available from here:

http://www.finalemusic.com/finale/update.aspx
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Re: Finale 2007a update available

So, is this an update JUST for Mac-Intel owners or should it be downloaded for regular Macs as well? Looks like the Human Playback update might apply to both, but who knows?

Thanks Richard for posting this........

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

This new version, from what I understand, integrates the Stradivari 2.0 (and the upcoming Gofriller Cello) with Human Playback.

Gary Garritan

Thank you, Gary.
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

unfortunately, the update seems to make HumanPlayback ignore full version GPO... it seems configured only for the Kontact Player 2 that comes with Finale edition GPO.

I've been trying for 2hours to get Finale 2007 to recognize my dynamics and it just refuses to do so.

Somehow, the percussion are playing perfectly, recognizing hairpins and and sampled rolls for cymbals, but I can't get squat from the woodwinds unless they're loaded from the Finale edition set into Kontact Player 2.

Unless someone knows something I might be doing wrong?

********* and an edit after the fact.....

and for some reason, now I can't get my percussion to playback hairpins anymore.

my mind just isn't up to it right now, so I'm going to stop trying to experiment with it. Maybe someone else will find the answer.

Has anyone else had the experience of losing HP functionality with the full GPO after installing the 2007a update. I'm holding off until I hear more about whether the full GPO works eith HP in 2007a. As of now there has been no mention of HP on the Finale Forum.

David M.

Bump.

Side note:

The 2007a update is especially essential if you're working
    with JABB or Strad in any slot other than 1. in Finale.

Per QC's travails, though I haven't gotten much time on
    it yet, I haven't encountered any HP problems. I'd
    suggest checking the HP settings and making sure all
    the Garritan Specials settings are properly engaged;
    saving the file, then reopeining it -- as I did I have a
    minor problem initially, before doing that.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum