• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: Audio Impressions DVZ Strings Collection?

Share/Bookmark

Audio Impressions DVZ Strings Collection?

Dear Group,

Chris Stone's Summer NAMM presentation of his DVZ Strings absolutely blew my mind. If you haven't heard of it, you need to check it out:

NAMM: http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=3264

AI website: www.audioimpressions.com

I was wondering if anyone has first hand experience listening/demoing this product, or knows anything about its pricing, release schedule, etc. I'm guessing this collection is going to be quite expensive, considering the "DVZ" concept (click on the links for a brief NAMM demonstration).

Thanks, and happy holidays to all!

-Alex
    Last edited by AlexDavis; 12-19-2006 at 01:24 AM. Reason: mis-typed link!

Re: Audio Impressions DVZ Strings Collection?

Craig Sharmat @ Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:55 pm wrote:
    I had a talk with AI today. They are ahead of schedule. All orchestral instruments are working amongst many other type of instruments they have completed. Those all will be shown at NAMM. (January 2007) There will be a totally revised website coming online next week.

Also have a look at this, from keyboardmag.com.

AI is scheduled to release in January or so Ive heard.

WHen i click the link u posted, I get taken to a site about pianos... SO i'll try posting the link myself
    http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=3264

Looking forward to the release of this, can't wait!

Looks interesting... I guess we will soon find out what it actually sounds like (the namm video didn't help). It seems to have a lot going for it from a practicality standpoint.

Holly Sh#### !! I am going to be buying this! I am usually not impressed by things but after watching that demo on SonicState I certainly Am IMPRESSED!!!
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StrangeCat
    Holly Sh#### !! I am going to be buying this! I am usually not impressed by things but after watching that demo on SonicState I certainly Am IMPRESSED!!!
    i think everyone would like to have this...but wait to see the price...in my opinion it's going to cost like Vienna's Symphonic Cube

...hope is because of the bad audio quality from video ...but sounds very keyboard-ish....

....they seem more concentrates on DVZ technology that on the real sound quality...i mean the sound i can ear from video is not very impressive....
    and is not a question of "sound quality" but real strings sound impact...you can feel the "subtile difference" also from a bad sound source...
    ....hope i am wrong because i am really waiting for......

From what i heard it wasn't so bad . It sounded very classical . Yet the live recording is bad because the sound seems to be coming directly from the source ( probably plugged in the camera ) and also from the guy's microphone. The result is a weird echo-ing effect

hope you right....but i am talking about another thing... AI say the Lamborghini of the.....sorry but i dont ear something like....and i hope i am wrong.......again.

It's way too early to make any comments, especially on judging a video made at summer NAMM whose sound quality is dubious at best.

Those who've heard it live in the Ai studios, have been very impressed. They're holding off on releasing any demos until the product is 100%. Chris Stone, while not well known among younger composers, is one of top MIDI mockup guys in Hollywood.
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast