• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hi - can I ask some Sonar/Logic/etc users to test this please?

Share/Bookmark

Hi - can I ask some Sonar/Logic/etc users to test this please?

Hi. I think I have found what I consider to be a HUGE bug with Cubase and Kontakt 2.1.1, and now 2.2. Not sure if this is a Cubase thing, or a Kontakt thing, but the way Kontakt is acting, it seems as tho it is NOT the host. I would appreciate anyone who has any sw other than Cubase to confirm/deny this is happening to them.

Basically, if I have two instruments loaded in the first Kontakt bank (rack), assigned to the same MIDI channel, and a third instrument loaded in another bank, which is also assigned to the same MIDI channel, the first bank's second instrument's Kontakt fader does not move with the host fader unless that bank is visible.

Repro:

Load an instance of Kontakt
    Create a MIDI ch (ch1); assign this to Kontakt
    Load one instrument into the 1-16 bank; ensure this is assigned to A(1)
    Load another instrument into the 1-16 bank; also assign this to A(1)
    Load one instrument into the 17-32 bank; assign this to A(1) as well
    Make the 1-16 bank visible
    Move the host MIDI ch1 fader; all three Kontakt faders move (you can't see the 17-32 bank's instument's fader, but it does move).
    Make the 17-32 bank visible
    Move the host MIDI ch1 fader; the Kontakt fader for the first instrument in the 1-16 bank does not move. Test this by starting with the fader in one position while the 1-16 bank is still visible, and dragging the fader all the way in the other direction after making the 17-32 bank visible, and leaving it there.

Anyone?

Thanks mucho in advance.

btw - when I say "the first instrument" I mean not the instrument sitting in the first slot of the first bank; I mean the instrument that was created first regardless of which slot it currently resides in.

Re: Hi - can I ask some Sonar/Logic/etc users to test this please?

You are right. I tried your recipe in Sonar HS 4 and the same thing happened. Congratulations! You have found another "first" bug (first script slot disregards release callbacks)

Thanks for clarifying this! Now that I know it's not only Cubase (another Cubase user has tested this as well) I will report this to NI. Hopefully a forum post will do the trick?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by RiffWraith
    Hopefully a forum post will do the trick?
    It might do the trick, especially if you post it in the Technical Issues forum. If you want to be sure they get the message, you should send a Technical Support form. Good luck.

Go Back to forum