• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Studio and Sibelius 4.15

Garritan Studio and Sibelius 4.15

I know that setting the Sibelius Kontakt Gold Player and Garritan Studio to exactly the same Asio driver produces a system crash. This is because of the shared DLL problem resulting from using the same driver in both applications. I have managed to get Sibelius going with JABB and Kontakt Gold Player coexisting by using my dedicated asio driver in one and the Direct Sound driver in the other.

Is this the only way of getting a solution on this - by using different drivers. It would be nice - from the latency point of view - if I only had to use my dedicated Asio driver for my Tascam FW1884 because this driver and unit has very low latency - and I read that the Direct Sound and Asio Multimedia drivers generally have quite high latency.

Also is there going to be an adaptation of Garritan Studio so that the Kontakt 2.1 player can be used with it? I am interested in this because currently I have to use my full copy of Kontakt 2.1 (not the Finale player) via Midi Yoke with Sibelius 4.1. If I could have the Kontakt app working with Garritan Studio there would be no need for the Midi Yoke application to link Kontakt and Sibelius.

Simon UK

Sibelius 4.1 on PC
    Athlon XP 3.5
    Sibelius 4.15
    Garritan GPO,JABB,
    Kontakt 2.1

Re: Garritan Studio and Sibelius 4.15

I can't help you, but you should also post this on the Sibelius board - two sets of answers are better than one!

R. Pearl

Go Back to forum