• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Chris Hein Guitars ?

Share/Bookmark

Chris Hein Guitars ?

Chris Hein Guitars ?
    hi I have usually been underwhemed w/ Guitar libraries,does any one out there use this VI? how does it sound ??....is it playable ,thanks KG
    2.7 G5(PPC) 6.5 gig ram,10.48. DP5.12 ,
    FF800, NI,EW,IK VI's ,synths.. etc... Vdrums, Akai Z8 ,XP30 , Focal Twin 6 monitors
    UAD1w/Magma,TC PoCo/pci,
    Shunyata Powercords/Conditioners,Richard Gray....numerous harddrives Firmtek box(esata),& 2nd fw buss

Re: Chris Hein Guitars ?

Quote Originally Posted by kgdrum
    Chris Hein Guitars ?
    hi I have usually been underwhemed w/ Guitar libraries,does any one out there use this VI? how does it sound ??....is it playable ,thanks KG
    I have CHG and it sounds really really more than good; very playable but with all these kind of libraries you need to practice a little with the keyswiches, CCs...

I load it in Kontakt as the Kontakt player 2 seems a little buggy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kgdrum
    Chris Hein Guitars ?
    I was one of the lucky guys to betatest the library. The sound quality is excellent and what is more important: The playability and fun factor is extremely high. Even I as a genuine keyboarder succeed in creating decent guitar riffs without too much editing. Almost everything is midi controllable and with some sounds you can perform extreme variations by using the expression pedal (which makes it nice for live playing).
    I do highly reccommend the library if you need guitars for clumsy keyboard fingers.

Additionally Chris does respond to a high degree to user suggestions which makes sure that there will be even further development of the library.

Best regards
    Raindog

its a labor of love. Chris went to the extremes to provide an unbelievable amount of details and variations.
    it takes a while to go thru all the patches and learn about the various possibilities and there definetly is a learning curve for all the keyswitches and controllers but the result is always rewarding.
    I really like it.

Hans

I have been using CHG for a few weeks (not as much as I'd want, but its another story) and I would like to pay a tribute to Chris' dedication and second everything that has been said.
    IMHO :
    -the library is sonically great, even "dry", without any kind of effects nor amp sim, those guitars sit very well in a mix, the sound is clear and precise
    -even with just 2 or 3 of the most basic articulations, you can quickly assemble lines which already sound pretty convincing (enough anyway to keep going without being bored or frustrated by the temporary results)
    -the scripts and various controllers can add a tremendous amount of realism, and are really well thought, but it's true that it will take some time to master
    -Chris Hein is a very friendly and open guy, who never forgets to reply to your mails, support requests, suggestions, and takes the time to give documented and personalized answers....
    -All the library "smells" a desire for perfection and no-compromise.
    To sum up, I am pretty confident that anyone wanting to emulate guitars with samples will not be disapointed by this library which, I think, is really cheap for what it brings !

thank you all for the response -KG
    2.7 G5(PPC) 6.5 gig ram,10.48. DP5.12 ,
    FF800, NI,EW,IK VI's ,synths.. etc... Vdrums, Akai Z8 ,XP30 , Focal Twin 6 monitors
    UAD1w/Magma,TC PoCo/pci,
    Shunyata Powercords/Conditioners,Richard Gray....numerous harddrives Firmtek box(esata),& 2nd fw buss

How does it compare to Real Guitar 2?
    P4 3.0, 2 gig ram, nvidia 6800gt, 3 SATA drives, EMU-1820M, UAD-1, Studiologic SL-110, Mackie Universal Controller, Behringer Truth B2031A, Cubase SX3, Kontakt2, EWQL Gold, EWQL Choirs, EWQL Collosus, NI Akoustik Piano, NI Elektrik Piano, NI B4 II, EZ Drummer, Lyrical Distortion 1+2, Scarbee Bass, Real Guitar2, Atmospheres, Absynth1, GPO

Quote Originally Posted by kstevege
    How does it compare to Real Guitar 2?
    it's just another planet

Hello,
    And in comparison with www.vir2.com? some comments?
    Best regards
    Dup

From your link I've listened to the vir2 audio demos, and I can't say that I'm blown away. The strumming sounds great, but the single notes give it away.

Go Back to forum