• Register
  • Help

Topic: Luna II users!

Share/Bookmark

Luna II users!

Hi,

I\'m thinking of geting Luna II for my next Giga PC and I have some questions...
    How does the whole routing thing with GSIF works on Luna?
    You have one GSIF driver, but then they are talking about 32 audio chanels for giga? How are these devided? 4 stereo chanels per giga port? or not?
    To be specific what I would like to do is put each giga port on its own audio chanel with its own Luna reverb and drive it in real time?
    Can Luna II do this?
    And has anyone tryed the new WDM driver with SONAR?
    Thanks in advance..... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Alex

Re: Luna II users!

Hi, you can route whatever port to whatever channels with no problem, that\'s for sure.

Putting 4 verb is, i think not really necessary, but anyhow, it still will work.

But as for WDM, in Win98 or WinME, their acceptable, but under XP now, they are not. It almost a shame in fact. Creamware are working on new driver, but they are not out yet. They say next generation will have 1-3ms... But now it\'s more in the 80-90ms... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] So Sonar is not advantaged now, maybe later.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I still don\'t get the routing...they say you have one GSIF, and that GSIF gives you how much virtual audio outs when you go in to GS160?
    Where does the number of 32 chanels for giga come from?

thanks,

Alex

Originally posted by lex:
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I still don\'t get the routing...they say you have one GSIF, and that GSIF gives you how much virtual audio outs when you go in to GS160?
    Where does the number of 32 chanels for giga come from?

thanks,

Alex
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">In the luna interface, you can decide how many gsif audio channel you want from 2-32. So that exactly mean what it say, in giga, you will see from 2-32 audio outputs. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Holy crap....!
    Thats so cool...
    I\'m ordering it tommorow..
    Thanks for your help marcuspocus!

Alex

Hi Marcus,

are you saying that this Luna card can handle up to 32x4 (128) midi channels?

sincerely,
    Falcon1

I\'m talking about AUDIO CHANNELS for Giga, yes Luna have a GSIF driver with 32 audio out. So in giga config, you can activate as many as 32 audio out for it.

And yes, you can have as many as 10(ports)x16midi channels = 160 midi channels under XP. And the limitation here is not Luna, it\'s XP, which cannot handle more ports than this...

Go Back to forum