• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO: clicks and pops when played rapidly in DP 5.11

Share/Bookmark

GPO: clicks and pops when played rapidly in DP 5.11

I'm using GPO in DP 5.11 on a 1.5 GHz G4 17" Powerbook with 2 Gb Ram running 10.4.8. Output is to a 828 Mk1.

I have a sequence with one instance of GPO. I have only 4 instruments: Solo Oboe; Solo Bb clarinet; Solo Bass clarinet and Solo Tuba.

When i play a rapid passage of notes in any instrument I get clicks and pops.

I haven't had this problem before with GPO. (I am running the latest version)

Anyone have any ideas which settings I should be changing?

Thanks very much,

Phil Nicholl

Re: GPO: clicks and pops when played rapidly in DP 5.11

Quote Originally Posted by philnicholl
    When i play a rapid passage of notes in any instrument I get clicks and pops.

Anyone have any ideas which settings I should be changing?
    Phil

No, I don't know which settings you should change, and I'm having a similar problem - maybe you could confirm exactly what the behaviour you're experiencing is?

What's happening with me in the woodwind tracks of the orchestral project I'm currently working on seems to be nothing to do with the rapidity of the passage. It's happening in legato passages where I'm overlapping the notes and using controller 64 to get smooth lines. As far as I can tell it happens on the note ons/offs in mid-phrase. How does this compare with your experience?

Whatever, it's disappointing that no-one's responded so far. Let's put it down to the holiday season or something...

Of course this will cause more latency while playing the notes in, but once the notes are recorded, you should set the buffer setting as high as it will go. (1024) The higher the number, the more time you give the processor to figure things out, providing flawless sound quality, conversly, the lower the setting, allows insufficient time, the benefit is more immediate response (less latency), but a trade off of poor sound quality.

setup/configure audio system/configure hardware driver/buffer size
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    ...set the buffer setting as high as it will go. (1024) ...
    setup/configure audio system/configure hardware driver/buffer size
    Nope - changed the buffer setting from 512 to 2048, but the results are exactly the same.

Go Back to forum