I am working on a Saint Saens piano concerto arrangement in GPO, using the bundled Cubasis VST 4.0. It plays perfectly until a point is reached where the GPO Steinway is accompanied with tremolo strings for about 16 bars. During this section the file suddenly stops playing and I get a loud continuous buzz through the speakers. I have to unload the EMU sound card files or reboot to get rid of the noise. if I play the file starting at a point after the offending tremolo passage, the rest of it plays perfectly - and a later occurrence of the tremolo section, in another key, does not cause any problem. The fault always starts at the same point. I checked the Cubasis log file and it includes the following entrty:
"Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION
Fault address:
08C5C43E 01:0024B43E C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins\PersonalOrchestraVST.dl l"
I regenerated the midi file from the notation programme and reloaded it, but no change.
I have Windows XP and 2GB RAM.
I have other files that play perfectly, but they don't have tremolo strings. I am wondering if there is some corruption in these sample strings. I would be grateful for any comments on this, as until I solve it I cannot proceed with the rendering.