• Register
  • Help

Topic: LunaII latency

Share/Bookmark

LunaII latency

I\'m using a Mixtreme card now and I\'m a little dissapointed with the latency (approx. 8 msec) and I\'m thinking of going with a LunaII. Can it acheive 3 msec latency (with Gigastudio)working hard in the real world? My computer is a P4 2.0 gig with ann intel 845 chipset and 512 meg ram, Win 98SE.
    Thanks,
    Peter

Re: LunaII latency

Yes, in XP, i actually work with ULLI@3ms, but in Win98 or ME, the \'realistic\' setting would be ULLI@7ms... But i\'m talking here of full 160voices in giga...

Luna is able to do this and more, is your PC?

marcuspocus :
    Unfortunately I have to use Win98SE because I have a Lexicon Core 32 (reverb) and a Oasys PCI (FX and synths) card and they will never have WinXP drivers (and i love them!). So, you figure the best I can do with haevy tweaking in Win98SE is 7 msec with the Luna II? I have an RME Multiset on my main computer and in Winp8 it will gladly acheine 3m sec. Thanks aagin for you quick reply...
    Peter

Ok, with 98SE \'heavily\' tweaked, you can still get 3ms, that\'s for sure. I was talking more in a perspective of using 32 audio tracks@24bits...

But using GSIF driver, you can get 3ms without any problems.

marcuspocus:
    I\'ve heard that in Win98SE the GSIF latency is preset, that is, can\'t be changed. I know in XP it is relative to the sound card\'s buffer setting, but I didn\'t think this was so in Win98SE. Is there a special GSIF latency tweak in the LunaII to acheive 3 msec? With my RME Multiface, I can get 1.5 msec latency in XP but in Win98 it seems to be stuck at 8 msec (approx) no matter what buffer settings. Thanks for all your input...
    Peter

I\'m not so shure about that, you just put some doubt into my mind... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

No seriously, under 7ms, i can\'t tell the difference with the kind of music i\'m doing, so i could not tell, but what i know, is that if i set it a 25ms for example, i clearly hear the difference, so i assume it is not \'locked\' at 8ms or something like that...

Go Back to forum