• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Ghost Harmony

Ghost Harmony

This is song kinda fluctuates between light and dark, but overall sustains a subdued, mysterious tone. Perhaps a Christmas song for the netherworld, lol. Instruments are almost entirely GPO, with the exception of some bg brass and vocal sounds. Hope y'all like it, and thanks for listening!

Re: Ghost Harmony

Hi Sam,

great you are back. Have a nice Christmas. I listened to your piece and it were 2:52 of joy. You are doing well, my friend. Go on posting....

Again thanks,

Thank you very much, and you have a nice Christmas as well!

Doh, apparently the song was accidently deleted from the sever, had to re-upload it so everything should be cool now

Sam, I really admire your Ghost Harmony piece. What wonderful use of the GPO orchestra, so expertly executed. I need to go back and listen again.

Thank you!

Heh thanks, I guess I need to buy more memory for my machine though as it was barely chugging along whilst working on this one lol

Penfield (Rochester), NY

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Dillard
    Heh thanks, I guess I need to buy more memory for my machine though as it was barely chugging along whilst working on this one lol

Heheheheh yeah...a Giga-byte here and there really adds up quickly!!!

Great work and rendering with the GPO library. Nice full sound with lots of interesting twists and turns.

Thanks, lol yeah back in the day I would have thought one gig of ram was more than enough, but now it seems 4 gigs is still too little...

Sam -

Very nice composition and very well sequenced! It sounded great even on my work-computer's cheap speakers!

After listening to this piece, I am left with the feeling of wanting to hear more. Just curious. Is this an excerpt of a longer piece?? If not, how about making this "2:52" of fine music longer?? I want to hear more!

Very nice job! And thank you for sharing!

Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

I'm glad you like it! Heh, yeah the word "lengthy" is not one normally used describe any of my songs. Most of em are just composed on a whim, so they are what they are I suppose. I cannot really force a song to be longer, nor would I want to honestly, they are just quick musical snippets of whatever I want to hear at the moment. I don't often have the urge to sit down and make a fully realized extended piece, as most of my serious side goes to creating sketch art or digital renderings, or writing screenplays lol.

But considering that everyone here seems to write nothing but wonderful full length pieces all the time, I guess I should give it a try one of these days. I am just an amateur though and know nothing about composition or technical stuff, so I am afraid that if I try to compose some lengthy work it will just kinda fall apart and be a big mess, lol. That and I am pretty sure my computer would explode hehe, but perhaps I will try and put something together anyways. Thank you very much for the nice comments!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast