• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPOA Oboes

Share/Bookmark

Talking GPOA Oboes

Are the oboes (& winds in general) likely to be a big improvement over GPO - I'm thinking of buying the Westgate samples but if GPOA is as good I may put my purchase off for a while.

Cheers & MX, ColinD

Re: GPOA Oboes

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro-D
    Are the oboes (& winds in general) likely to be a big improvement over GPO - I'm thinking of buying the Westgate samples but if GPOA is as good I may put my purchase off for a while.

Cheers & MX, ColinD
    Hi Colin,

I may stand to be corrected, but I think GPOA in the main will add to rather than replace the existing set - with the exception of the brass. Also, Gary recently posted an update of the product pipeline and I think GPOA is some way off yet. Both points I've mentioned need checking, especially as they will influence your decision.

Regards, Graham

PS just checked, looks like GPOA is scheduled early to mid 2007, so may be not too long to wait! G

You can always purchase the Westgate Oboes and then get GPOA in the future. It's nice to have multiple solo oboes to choose from. The Westgate Oboes do have legato samples like the VSL libraries.

Jim

Thanx Guys. the Westgate solo oboe is pretty neat (from what I've been told) but also expensive (£59 GBP). This is about the same price as their woodwind collection although this probably isnt in the same league as their moduar collection. Cheers. CD

Go Back to forum