• Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Topic: Sibelius GPO Edition

Share/Bookmark

Re: Sibelius with GPO

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    This version is optimized for Sibelius 4 and takes advantage of the features of Sibelius. Existing GPO users will be able to download an upgrade for a nominal fee (which will include an improved Native Instruments Kontakt Player).

I'll post more details tomorrow.

Gary Garritan
    Congrats, Gary for this new deal!

I'm anxious to get details on how this is implemented in Sib 4. Then, I'm sure an even more interesting comparison Sib4/Finale 2006 will take place.
    End users will continue to benefit from the 2 titans' battle over the coming years!

Robert

Thumbs up Re: Sibelius GPO Edition

Congratulations Gary, for the new excellent eveidence of your success in creating a new standard, a new benchmark for basic orchestral sound source.

Now you rule the Notation market, providing sound engine for the best musical software of ever (Overture, Finale and Sibelius, wow!)

Brilliant!

Re: Sibelius with GPO

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Piéchaud
    Congrats, Gary for this new deal!

I'm anxious to get details on how this is implemented in Sib 4. Then, I'm sure an even more interesting comparison Sib4/Finale 2006 will take place.
    End users will continue to benefit from the 2 titans' battle over the coming years!

Robert
    For anyone who has ever wondered if competition is good for the consumer, this is the answer - yes. Three fine programs, each vying for the limited $ that musicians have to spend. We really benefit from this. Especially now that GPO is a full player with all three.

Way to go, Gary! Just shows the power of a great program - no one, or at least no notation program can resist it!

R. Pearl

Re: Sibelius GPO Edition

WOW! Can't wait to hear about the deal!!

Improved Kontat too? How so?
    "AAAAUUUUGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!" -- Charlie Brown

Well, now that's real good news Gary. The best news I have heard in the last few months in regard to Sibelius 4, besides the other functions as the video, and the dynamic parts.
    Is GPO advanced going to be able to be used within the Sibelius 4 NI player when that arrives also?
    and...
    Is the legato/sustain workaround that Finale 06 has going to be implemented with Sib/GPO?...so that legato for the instruments can be controlled by a different controller than that for C64 used for keyboards/sustain instruments?

That would be good to know if you could tell us please Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by steve martin
    Well, now that's real good news Gary. The best news I have heard in the last few months in regard to Sibelius 4, besides the other functions as the video, and the dynamic parts. Is GPO advanced going to be able to be used within the Sibelius 4 NI player when that arrives also?
    and...Is the legato/sustain workaround that Finale 06 has going to be implemented with Sib/GPO?...so that legato for the instruments can be controlled by a different controller than that for C64 used for keyboards/sustain instruments?
    I don't know how folks knew about the GPO/Sibelius being announced before I did

Legato/sustain will be also controlled by cc#68 rather than #64 sustain. And waiting to hear from Sibelius regarding the upgrade path for existing GPO users.

Thanks all for your words of support.

Gary Garritan

I don't know how folks knew about the GPO/Sibelius being announced before I did

Legato/sustain will be also controlled by cc#68 rather than #64 sustain. And waiting to hear from Sibelius regarding the upgrade path for existing GPO users.

Gary Garritan
    GREAT! FANTASTIC!!...I'm so glad that that [that that??!!], issue has been solved Gary. What a relief!! [as you know my whacky worakaround for creating an artificial sustain turned me into a hermit for a couple of days!].
    Can't wait for the arrival of this. Has there been any news for the cost to us who already have GPO?
    I also have directly from Ben on the Sibelius chat page, that a "tempo tap" type of function that Notion, Finale 06, and Overture 4 have is on their wish list.
    Great going Gary!

I was interested in this until I went and checked and found out they don't do competitive crossgrades! They only do that for "school" editions, which I think means "academic" versions. So I guess my notation quest will stay between my newly purchased Overture 4 and the soon to be purchased Finale 2006, since Finale will competitive crossgrade for my Rhapsody master disks, which I'm willing to give up to get Finale 2006 for $200. There is simply no way I'm going to pay Sibelius $600 to find out whether or not I want to use it instead of the other two and demo versions are either crippled enough that you can't really tell much (can't save things and come back and work on them later) or they time out before you get things figured out.

Tom

Gary Garritan
    Greetings all - I'd like to add that at Sibelius we're very excited about this too.

We're working on the details - technical and commercial - of the upgrade for existing GPO users at the moment: as soon as we have this worked out, I'll post back here.

David Harvey (CTO, Sibelius Software)

Hi David,

That is really great news - many thanks!

Are you able to give any guidence as to it whether it is 'likely' or 'unlikely' that the Garritan Jazz library will be incorperated into Sibelius Sounds in the foreseable future? Needless to say it would be very exciting if the answer lent towards the YES!!

Thanks again.

Regards,

Nick

Go Back to forum