• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale keyswitch plug-in

Share/Bookmark

Red face Finale keyswitch plug-in

Hello,

Can somebody help me ?
    I have downloaded the Finale Keyswitch plug-in : where have I to put that file ? If I want to open it, I have an error message.
    I use Finale 2005b.

Thanks.

Re: Finale keyswitch plug-in

Quote Originally Posted by zawadzki.delissen
    Can somebody help me ?
    I have downloaded the Finale Keyswitch plug-in : where have I to put that file ? If I want to open it, I have an error message.
    I use Finale 2005b.
    It's actually mislabeled -- it's not a plugin at all, it's a Finale file containing keyswitching expressions. Try appending the ".mus" extension to the filename (if it's not already present). Try also File -> Open from Finale and choose "All Files" from the "Enable:" pull-down menu.

Once you have the file open, you can save the expressions library for use in other files.

However, if you're a GPO owner, I really very strongly recommend that you upgrade to Finale 2006 -- then you don't need this library at all! In Finale 2006, all keyswitches are handled automatically by Human Playback, without any programming necessary.

It's actually mislabeled -- it's not a plugin at all, it's a Finale file containing keyswitching expressions. Try appending the ".mus" extension to the filename (if it's not already present). Try also File -> Open from Finale and choose "All Files" from the "Enable:" pull-down menu.

Once you have the file open, you can save the expressions library for use in other files.

gwhiz -- How is this done btw?

However, if you're a GPO owner, I really very strongly recommend that you upgrade to Finale 2006 -- then you don't need this library at all! In Finale 2006, all keyswitches are handled automatically by Human Playback, without any programming necessary.

gwhiz -- I started a piece with Finale 2005, the Opened the score in FInale 2006 with the GPO Full version. HP doesn't seem to understand my pizz marks. Any idea why it wouldn't understand them if the score started in Finale 2005? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gwhiz
    gwhiz -- I started a piece with Finale 2005, the Opened the score in FInale 2006 with the GPO Full version. HP doesn't seem to understand my pizz marks. Any idea why it wouldn't understand them if the score started in Finale 2005? Thanks!
    Make sure the playback options for the "pizz." expression is set to "None." Make sure the "pizz." mark is note-attached (not staff-attached). Make sure you've loaded the KS strings from the "Notation" folder. Make sure Human Playback is on and, in the HP Preferences, click the "Reset to Default" button to restore the Fin2006 defaults.

Go Back to forum