• Register
  • Help

Topic: 1.1.8.3 or the later Studio?

Share/Bookmark

1.1.8.3 or the later Studio?

Thanks to Jonny Lost, I now have Finale 2007a loaded and my original version of GPO and Studio. (Much appreciated) I now want to upgrade the GPO bit of it. I see there are two possibilities, 1.1.8.3 and the newer one that supports JABB and others. Which should I go for? I'm not using anything other than GPO. Will I need to move dll's around etc and do I have to take any other precautionary steps or fixes? Thx in advanced. Graham

Re: 1.1.8.3 or the later Studio?

1.1.8.3 is the (latest) version of GPO itself, not Studio. You should run the GPO 1.1.8.3 updater, available from NI. When you have done that, install the "9. Notation" folder and the Solo Trumpet KS fix in the GPO folder and copy gpofullinstrument.txt and PersonalOrchestraVST.dll to the FinaleVST folder.

You don't need Studio to use GPO with F07. Check "Play Finale thru Native Instruments VST" and set up the Persional Orchestra Kontakt Player(s) (done automatically, if you use the Wizard to set up a new document)

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    You don't need Studio to use GPO with F07. Check "Play Finale thru Native Instruments VST" and set up the Persional Orchestra Kontakt Player(s) (done automatically, if you use the Wizard to set up a new document)
    Nickie, thanks. So does that mean Finale 07 will now allow me to see all the GPO stuff rather than just the subset that ships with Finale? And the upgrade to 1.1.8.3 gives me the very latest and best of GPO? Just double checking before I start messing around again! Thx for your help. Graham

The 1.1.8.3 update gives you the latest (and presumably best) version minus the "9. Notation" folder. You have to download this from the link I gave you. Unzip it to the GPO Library\Instruments folder after you run the updater. Copying the PersonalOrchestraVST.dll lets you select and configure GPO in the Native Instruments Setup. Copying gpofullinstrument.txt lets you select GPO in the wizard. And this is full GPO, not Finale GPO.

Smile Re: 1.1.8.3 or the later Studio?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    The 1.1.8.3 update gives you the latest (and presumably best) version minus the "9. Notation" folder. You have to download this from the link I gave you. Unzip it to the GPO Library\Instruments folder after you run the updater. Copying the PersonalOrchestraVST.dll lets you select and configure GPO in the Native Instruments Setup. Copying gpofullinstrument.txt lets you select GPO in the wizard. And this is full GPO, not Finale GPO.
    Excellent, thanks Nickie for the help you give on this forum.

Regards, Graham

Update: Working fine!

Glad I can help

Merry Christmas

Go Back to forum