• Register
  • Help

Topic: CC11 in Kontakt 2

Share/Bookmark

Question CC11 in Kontakt 2

Hi Guys,

How do I set an instrument to respond to cc11 (expression) and is it possible to activate cc11 for all instruments in your multi, instead of having to do this for each instrument individually?

Thanks!

Roy

Re: CC11 in Kontakt 2

What do you want to control with cc11? Volume?

You have to edit every instrument, actually every keygroup in every instrument.
    Maybe its easier to us a tranform function in your sequenzer to transform incoming cc11 messages to cc7

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

Hey Chris,

But cc7 affects the volume faders of the Kontakt instruments, which are of course set to certain levels so I don't want them to move or my mix is messed up. That's why I want to use cc11 for swells and decrecendos, etc..

R.

I know what you mean.
    But if you want to raise and lower the volume with cc11 you have to set "no volume change" to cc11 = 64 to have room in both directions.
    So, if you play a swell you have to go back to exactly 64 for not to change your mix after the swell.

I think thats difficult, at least because you don't see cc11 in Kontakts interface.

You can also program cc11 to raise the volume and cc12 to lower the volume and always go back to zero.
    But that doubles the programming work.

I mean, its possible, but its a lot of work to change all keygroups in every instrument.

What I do is, set a cc7 at the beginning of each track and change it during the track.
    When I want to change the volume of the complete track, my sequencer has tools to ad a certain amount to every cc7 event with two clicks.

What sequencer are you using?
    And what kind of controller for cc11?

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

Thanks for shedding some light on this, Chris. I have a lot of questions though.

If I want to set my K2 instrument to respond to cc11, how do I do this? Just add a modulation router to the amplifier in the instrument? Does the amplifier automatically affect all samples in the instrument?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hein
    But if you want to raise and lower the volume with cc11 you have to set "no volume change" to cc11 = 64 to have room in both directions.
    How do I do this?

You can also program cc11 to raise the volume and cc12 to lower the volume and always go back to zero.
    So if I moved both faders/controllers to 0, cc11 would be 64, right?

What I do is, set a cc7 at the beginning of each track and change it during the track.
    When I want to change the volume of the complete track, my sequencer has tools to ad a certain amount to every cc7 event with two clicks.
    I see what you mean. How would I increase the value of all cc7 in Cubase SX3?

What sequencer are you using?
    And what kind of controller for cc11?
    I use Cubase SX3. I curently use the wheel on my master keyboard for control changes, but I'm looking to buy the Behringer BCF 2000 controller (with faders)..

Some more questions:

- If you don't use cc11 or cc7, they're set to 127 by default, right?
    - In the modulation router, what's the second box (after the one where you enter the cc number) for?

Merry Christmas!

[QUOTE=Mandarin Man
    - In the modulation router, what's the second box (after the one where you enter the cc number) for?
    QUOTE]
    Hello If you mean the second box in Kontakt, see and look the jpg:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=37600
    Best regards
    Dup

Go Back to forum