• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Year's Challenge

New Year's Challenge

I'm not sure I am allowed to do this, but I thought it might be fun to see what the Garritan Family here could do with renditions of "Auld Lang Syne". It might be fun to see what you goys (and gals) could whip up on this traditional New Year's song. I can offer no reward, except for the satisfaction of having it played here on the forum. So if you are up to a fun challenge, how about taking a crack at AULD LANG SYNE and we'll have a community play-off.

Just a thought.

Re: New Year's Challenge

Yes, but where could we find a record or some sheet music for starting? I don't know this song.

All your strings belong to me!

Google brings up loads of links, but here is one with words, midi, and a pdf score.

Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Sorry, I should have thought to include a link to a melody.

Here is a midi file with the melody:

Auld Lang Syne

That should help.

Ok, I'll get things started. Here is my Auld Lang Syne using JABB and Finale '07 strings. Enjoy, and

Okay, I didn't lose this it just slipped down to far for me to see!

Your version was cute. I did like the tempo changes and some of the style changes.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

There doesn't seem to be much interest here. So, all of you, have a Happy New Year.

Go Back to forum